spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaberi

join:2010-08-13

Air Canada's new low-cost service begin flying in July

TORONTO - Air Canada is jumping into the low-cost leisure travel market with the launch of its new Rouge airline, which will begin flying on Canada Day to destinations in Europe and the Caribbean.

The airline will start with flights from Toronto to Venice, Italy and Edinburgh, Scotland — two destinations that currently aren't served by Air Canada, and will serve Athens, Greece from Toronto and Montreal.

»ca.news.yahoo.com/air-canadas-lo···585.html

jaberi

join:2010-08-13
is this the same bs just compartmentalized different, maybe they will stuff us in the overhead bins next...not making a profit, but the CEO gets paid huge bonuses.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to jaberi
They tried this once with Jazz.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
I'd rather fly with the European airlines. Or Westjet if they ever expand outside of North America.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to jaberi
If it involves Air Canada it will be overpriced, no doubt in my mind.

+1 for Westjet outside of NA

highwire2007

join:2008-05-17
Nepean, ON
reply to jaberi
Lipstick on a pig. They will still be expensive with tons of add-on fees (bag fee, priority seating, aisle seating, package of pretzels, etc.), have lousy to non-existence customer service, lose my bags, have late or cancelled flights and surly flight attendants. Basically Air Canada. Rouge? How'd they come up with that name?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jaberi
What fantastic prices. I can fly to Scotland for only $60 more than I paid Air Canada to fly to Tokyo.

I'm way more interested in innovation on short and medium haul flights. I was very happy when the Montreal to Boston route got a 60% price cut ($900 -> $350ish IIRC) due to Air Canada replacing the CRJ with the Q400, for example. I would like to see more of that kind of thing.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

CanadianRip

join:2009-07-15
Oakville, ON
reply to jaberi
Wow have they actually managed to find a way to make their service worse then it already is?