Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit

PLEASE Take Me OFF Your Mailing List !

I apologize in advance if this topic is a redux, but recently this has happened to me.

It is one thing when a random unheard-of spammer drops one in your mailbox, complete with spelling errors and not even addressed to yourself (instead usually to somebody else at your domain).

However, when a self-proclaimed legitimate company sends you/me an unsolicited message, properly addressed to the email box in which they end up, professional looking, with good spelling, and they even include a link to unsubscribe, one would reckon that if you USED that link, that they would stop sending emails - end of story.

NOT necessarily true, sometimes !

This topic's purpose is to post names of companies who have done this, and to post recipients' experiences regarding how they have dealt with THAT particular type of SPAM.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by Davesnothere:

I apologize in advance if this topic is a redux, but recently this has happened to me.

It is one thing when a random unheard-of spammer drops one in your mailbox, complete with spelling errors and not even addressed to yourself (instead usually to somebody else at your domain).

However, when a self-proclaimed legitimate company sends you/me an unsolicited message, properly addressed to the email box in which they end up, professional looking, with good spelling, and they even include a link to unsubscribe, one would reckon that if you USED that link, that they would stop sending emails - end of story.

NOT necessarily true, sometimes !

This topic's purpose is to post names of companies who have done this, and to post recipients' experiences regarding how they have dealt with THAT particular type of SPAM.

Unwanted spam? Outlook 2010. Junk ==> Block Sender. Click. Never see them again. Never contact them.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
reply to Davesnothere

American Project Management

This company seems legit in the manner which I stated above, but after 3 times asking them to unsubscribe me (over the past few weeks), a 4th message has just arrived.

I want the public to be warned that if this company cannot properly manage an internal unsubscribe list, then how could they POSSIBLY manage their OWN projects, let alone in good conscience take our money for teaching us to manage OURS !

On this basis, please be advised that they (American Project Management) should NOT be trusted !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to DKS

Re: PLEASE Take Me OFF Your Mailing List !

said by DKS:

Unwanted spam? Outlook 2010. Junk ==> Block Sender. Click. Never see them again. Never contact them.

Thanks for being an early bird, but OT.

Your proposed solution is for my FIRST category of pest, not the second.

So-called legitimate companies should be held accountable for their actions, and simply blocking them does nothing to teach them this.

Furthermore, I am not interested in paying M$ for a newer version of a program package (Office) which I already have and which otherwise works fine, just to get that one feature.

Also, my email provider does not let us setup customized blacklists, but I have had the address for a long time and wish to keep it.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Davesnothere

Re: American Project Management

said by Davesnothere:

This company seems legit....

Important Notice!

We are not asso­ci­ated with a com­pany adver­tised as “Amer­i­can Project Man­age­ment” and using a vari­ety of domains that include:

projectmanagementusa.org
projectmanagementusa17.org
projectmanagementusa27.org
projectmanagementusa49.org
projectmanagementusa57.org
etc.

Our apolo­gies if you are get­ting email from them, have been appar­ently scammed by them, can’t reach them, etc.

If you have been a vic­tim of these scams, please send an email to Matthew@AmericanProjectManagement.com as I have been con­tacted by law enforce­ment author­i­ties who are inves­ti­gat­ing the scam. Maybe you can help bring the par­ties respon­si­ble to jus­tice.

Here is some infor­ma­tion if you want to follow-up directly:

1. It appears that Regonline.com is being used to cap­ture your email address, reg­is­tra­tion, and funds. Please con­tact them at 1–888-3519948.

2. You may also want to con­tact the com­pany where these domains are reg­is­tered through. Please email compliance@protectdomainservices.com and abuse@godaddy.com and ref­er­ence the domain name used in the emails you have received.

3. It appears the domains and Web sites are hosted at SoftLayer.com. To com­plain, please con­tact abuse@softlayer.com and ref­er­ence the domain name used in the emails you have received.

4. Accord­ing to the City of Los Ange­les, the com­pany is listed as DDGLA* Amer­i­can Project Man­age­ment, LLC at 645 W 9th Street, Los Ange­les, CA 90015. Their tele­phone num­ber is (213) 4068042.

* The City reports the name as ODGLA while the state (below) says DDGLA. To com­plain, please call (213) 4735901.

5. The com­pany is reg­is­tered with the state as an LLC with the address above begin­ning on 12/14/2011. Not sure what other com­pany name they pre­vi­ously oper­ated as the first calls we got regard­ing their appar­ent scams was early last year. To com­plain, please call (916) 6575448.

6. It would appear that the com­pany is also using the email address ddgla@mail.com. To com­plain, please email abuse@mail.com

Again, we have noth­ing to do with this com­pany, their email, and appar­ent scams you may be caught up in.

Respect­fully,
Matthew

Part­ner, Amer­i­can Project Man­age­ment, LLC

»americanprojectmanagement.com/

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON

said by PX Eliezer7:

2. You may also want to con�tact the com�pany where these domains are reg�is�tered through. Please email compliance@protectdomainservices.com and abuse@godaddy.com and ref�er�ence the domain name used in the emails you have received.

3. It appears the domains and Web sites are hosted at SoftLayer.com. To com�plain, please con�tact abuse@softlayer.com and ref�er�ence the domain name used in the emails you have received.

6. It would appear that the com�pany is also using the email address ddgla@mail.com. To com�plain, please email abuse@mail.com

Sorry, but none of those people (Godaddy, Softlayer, and the whois blocker) actually care about how people use their services. Emailing them is like talking to a brick wall.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to Davesnothere

Re: PLEASE Take Me OFF Your Mailing List !

said by Davesnothere:

Thanks for being an early bird, but OT.

Your proposed solution is for my FIRST category of pest, not the second.

So-called legitimate companies should be held accountable for their actions, and simply blocking them does nothing to teach them this.

Furthermore, I am not interested in paying M$ for a newer version of a program package (Office) which I already have and which otherwise works fine, just to get that one feature.

Also, my email provider does not let us setup customized blacklists, but I have had the address for a long time and wish to keep it.

You are tilting at windmills. The sender doesn't care about you or that their list management doesn't work. There is no remedy for anyone save blocking them as spam.

BTW, the same process works with older versions of Outlook.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by DKS:

You are tilting at windmills. The sender doesn't care about you or that their list management doesn't work. There is no remedy for anyone save blocking them as spam.

Some senders DO care - and for good reason. A company who's business involves sending out a lot of emails, being flagged by one of the big spam blacklists is bad, bad news.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

As well, ANY proper e-mail program (Thunderbird for example) has spam/junk blocking.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

3 edits
reply to bt

said by bt:

said by DKS:

Some senders DO care - and for good reason. A company who's business involves sending out a lot of emails, being flagged by one of the big spam blacklists is bad, bad news.

OK, so I'm looking at things from a slant - MY slant.

But I see it the same as BT said in response to you.

And if PX is correct that someone else may well be spoofing APM's purpose and/or running a scam in their name, then the REAL 'APM' would have a beef bigger than mine with that party.

I had not considered that as a possibility - Good angle/catch, PX !

( BTW, my most recent msg was from announcements @ projectmanagementusa195.org )

OK, right then - these a$$es have now been demoted into the first group of individuals of my OP, as larger parties than myself cannot seem to make a dent upon them.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

2 edits
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

said by DKS:

As well, ANY proper e-mail program (Thunderbird for example) has spam/junk blocking.

Unfartunately, I access that mailbox from webmail thru my browsers, and I wish to keep doing so, so what email clients I might or might not have is moot.

Though FYI, I have an old edition of Eudora (ver 5.1, IIRC) which I use to collect whatever remains in that box from time to time, and had not noticed such a feature in it - Though that is still moot on a day-to-day basis.

Still, the prime directive, er, I mean objective of this thread is to bring to public view such companies as the one about which I posted earlier, especially the legit ones who just do not care about letting folks opt out of whatever mailing lists they may be using.