Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

There is no choice

Rural America is a different situation. There is no choice as their is no competition unless one considers cell phones and satellite competition. VoIP and telco VoIP is not reliable,it is unsuited for Lifeline, and its generally poor quality. These companies want the $$$, but they do not want to open the bandwidth to provide quality calls.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
said by linicx:

Rural America is a different situation. There is no choice as their is no competition unless one considers cell phones and satellite competition. VoIP and telco VoIP is not reliable,it is unsuited for Lifeline, and its generally poor quality. These companies want the $$$, but they do not want to open the bandwidth to provide quality calls.

Gooooo Fake Capitalism!

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Since you profess to live in Big Easy, I am completely at a loss as to what to say.
--

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
said by linicx:

Since you profess to live in Big Easy, I am completely at a loss as to what to say.

I am not sure what you mean?

I agree 100% with what you are saying hence my stating Fake Capitalism....which to me means a world where people yell about how great the 'FREE MARKET' is yet in reality the market is put together by certain groups that re-write the rules/regulations so that few can profits and the high majority can over-pay for services.

In New Orleans, Cox Cable for many, many years literally sat on the city, re-wrote the rules/regulations, and stopped so many competitors from coming in.......until the last year or so when AT&T finally got their foot-in-the-door and gave some UVerse.

It is rather hilarious for me to see Cox suddenly dip prices (for the first time in...what...15+ years?), increase bandwidth speeds, and actually INCREASE jobs for customer service when competitions increases.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
United State
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
Don't you just love a good plan?

Where I live there is zero chance AT&T will spend one dime. It's like winning the lottery. NOLA is a different deal; lucky you.
--