spc
Search similar:

uniqs
WHiiP
join:2012-12-19
Flagler Beach, FL

WHiiP

[TV] Digital converter box

Last night when I went to look at the Golf Channel on my Panny Viera Plasma, I have a message from BHN telling me that I now need a digital converter box to watch this channel.

Since I have a DIGITAL TV what is up with this new requirement? I assume that this box will cost me more money monthly, right. Is there a box that I could purchase and avoid this grief from BHN?

Not happy in Flagler Beach, FL

Bill
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Bill this isn't as bad as you think...if you would like I can have somebody call you today to explain. If so simply open a direct thread and include your IP address and I will take care of it from there.
WHiiP
join:2012-12-19
Flagler Beach, FL

WHiiP

OK, I have posted on the direct link.

Thank you for your response.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to WHiiP

Premium Member

to WHiiP
Anytime...

Willie
@rr.com

Willie

Anon

The PRIMARY reason for me to have Brighthouse is that I don't need a box on every TV in my house to get most all of the channels I view. And with most HD TV's supporting QAM, I get HD channels without a box on the TV. My primary TV is in a location where I can tolerate an extra box, but not in the other locations. If BHN keeps this up, changing service providers looks more attractive.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

go find another service provider that doesn't make you have a box at each tv.. BHN is one of the few major carriers still broadcasting analog

opp
@bhn.net

opp to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
It's been a long time since they moved something to digital, still have a good analog line up.
snowpp22
join:2001-10-23
Lake Mary, FL

snowpp22 to tim tim tim

to tim tim tim
Yes, my desired channels now require a box on each tv. I don't like it, but change is inevitable. The performance of the BHN boxes (I have one currently) is so poor that I know must consider switching. If I have to have a box, I want it to work well.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to WHiiP

Premium Member

to WHiiP
The box that you would get for this is extremely small I mean tiny...and works very well. My hunch...you will actually like it. If you want I can have someone call you about it.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by BHNtechXpert:

The box that you would get for this is extremely small I mean tiny...and works very well. My hunch...you will actually like it. If you want I can have someone call you about it.

these wouldn't happen to be the new HD DTA's that are made by Cisco would they? TWC is fixing to roll them out in my system next month as we are losing several analogs next month for preps on making the DOCSIS channels 8x4.

opp
@bhn.net

opp

Anon

said by motorola870:

these wouldn't happen to be the new HD DTA's that are made by Cisco would they? TWC is fixing to roll them out in my system next month

I would like to know that too.
swbrains
join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

swbrains to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I would also like to know about these boxes. Do these allow us to get all of the digital tier channels (music, etc.)?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by swbrains:

I would also like to know about these boxes. Do these allow us to get all of the digital tier channels (music, etc.)?

Those channels are part of the digital tier.

opp
@bhn.net

opp

Anon

Was stated in another thread the dollar box was same box as digital tier just authorized for basic channels, is this a different one?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to WHiiP

Premium Member

to WHiiP
Yes..
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to WHiiP

Premium Member

to WHiiP
And to answer the question these will be the Cisco devices.

opp
@bhn.net

opp to opp

Anon

to opp
Is it just for basic or if you have digital tier it will get those too? How much a month for it?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to WHiiP

Premium Member

to WHiiP
The $1.00 box is still $1.00 and this is for those who do not have digital cable but wish to continue viewing channels that have migrated to digital format only.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

And to answer the question these will be the Cisco devices.

cool my TWC division is deploying these right now fixing to deploy them in January for my system. Also we are having the Cisco 8742HDC and 4742HDC boxes deployed along with the Motorola DCX-M series boxes with the tru2way navigator guide and still have all of the motorola boxes with iGuide on them you have choice of which box you want when you go to the payment center so you can ask for an iGuide box or the newer Navigator boxes. I believe the Cisco boxes here use motorola cable cards for the security as we are running the mediacypher encryption scheme from motorola.

here is what the cisco DTA looks like.
»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· ers.html

I believe these boxes get limited basic channels in HD (locals and possibly some of the expanded basic channels if they are not SDV)

my system carries these HD channels in Expanded basic non SDV:
TNT HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD