how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crichard

join:2011-11-01
Houma, LA

[Availability] Uverse Order Issues

I have attempted to order Uverse service both online and over the phone. Each time the order goes int processing and gets kicked back due to existing service at the address. I currently work for a CLEC and have a dry loop from the CO to my home, and due to this they say that uverse cannot be installed that I must cancel that service prior. I have checked facilities both physically as well as through LEX and Verigate and show spare pairs are available. Is their any way around, as I do a lot of work from home and cannot go without a connection.

Below is a copy of the message I received.
Order Number: 51833347578

Dear Chris Richard,

Thank you for your recent AT&T Order. Our records indicate that service already exists at the address you provided so your order could not be processed.

To complete your order, contact the owner, realtor or landlord at the location of the existing service and inform them they need to disconnect the service. Once you know service has been disconnected, contact us to complete your online order.

Please give us a call at 1-877-833-5989 (Mon-Fri 8 am to 10 pm, or Sat-Sun 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Time) to provide the necessary information we need to complete your online order.

To prevent an automatic cancellation of your order, it's important we hear from you within 10 days.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

That is an AT&T marketing restriction, not an engineering restriction.

I don't think that AT&T has ever allowed a U-verse installation in parallel with any standard DSL circuit (either from AT&T or a CLEC) at the same residential address. In fact, they will now not even allow two standard DSL circuits at the same residential address: »Edited title: AT&T only taketh away

I have also heard of instances where the new U-verse installation failed, and the customer was left with no internet connectivity because AT&T also refused to allow the old standard DSL circuits to be reconnected (but those were on-line forum reports that I have no way to verify).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.