spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vican

join:2012-12-19

[TiVo] HD TIVO and Comcast

Comcast is dropping HD channels at random. Couple days later the channel is back. We have TIVO Elite and M-card and worked fine all year up until about September. Signal levels are fine, changed the M-card several times.

Comcast claims we cant get HD on a TIVO. They wont add it to our account. They claim this is the reason for dropped channels. How in the world can I find someone at Comcast who knows anything?

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

There's no reason I know of why a TiVo equipped with a CableCARD can't receive/decode HD channels if your account is set up for HD.

If you've tried calling more than once and didn't get any better explanation, then try posting to the Comcast Direct forum »Comcast Direct and hopefully ComcastSteve can investigate/resolve this for you.

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Vican

We're using Comcast with an original Series 3 since they first came out (2007) with two S-cards (which you needed to use on that particular model... using one M-card won't work), and our HD channels are just fine.
--
1/20/09 = The final day of our Retarded Cowboy President!

Vican

Here is where it stands. Apparently I made enough noise on forums and with Comcast and with the FCC that Comcast had an Executive Escalations Executive contact me. I have an email from him stating we do not need a box to get HD on TIVO. Then a dispatcher from Comcast called me and said that we dont need a box for HD and that they cannot apply HD codes to an account that does not have a box. They will make a note on my account that I dont need a box for HD.

This is a small victory, but I’ll take it. Now this doesnt solve the dropped channel issue, but at the moment, no channels are dropped. So I will have to wait until it occurs again (usually every week or two) before rolling a tech.

GTFan

join:2004-12-03

1 edit

Rolling a tech will likely not fix the problem, it's probably a headend channel mapping issue for cards. Unfortunately they roll a tech anyway first just to make sure it's not a signal issue, and getting the right person to fix the problem will be painful without escalation.

Any rep that tells you that you can't get all HD channels on a Tivo with a Cablecard (other than PPV) is an idiot and should be escalated around.

Vican

said by GTFan:

Rolling a tech will likely not fix the problem, it's probably a headend channel mapping issue for cards. Unfortunately they roll a tech anyway first just to make sure it's not a signal issue, and getting the right person to fix the problem will be painful without escalation.

Any rep that tells you that you can't get all HD channels on a Tivo with a Cablecard (other than PPV) is an idiot and should be escalated around.

Agreed. They already rolled on this issue blamed the TIVO - signal levels are fine. Most at Comcast are halfwits who have no idea how cable works - I will try to get them to roll someone with card experience and escalate back through the Executive Escalation Executive - shouldnt have to wait more than a week for them to drop a channel again...