uniqs
share rss forum feed

kenandles

join:2002-12-06
Roselle, NJ

1 edit
reply to Thinkdiff

Re: T-Mobile Monthly4G Plans

TD would I be able to do this with my Verizon ipad mini, only problem I have is tmobile will not give me a nano sim without signing up for phone plan.

But I want to sign up for the ($30 web special plan 4g monthly), also that plan is trying to sell me a phone first and I can't seem to bypass that.

Seems in Roselle, nj we get the 4g network.

Any help!

Thanks, Ken

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
You can either cut the micro SIM card down to nano SIM size manually using a cutting guide (I used this »www.airportal.de/nanosim/ template), or you can get a SIM cutting tool like: »www.ebay.com/itm/390514709602

I cut my iPad 2's AT&T SIM to nano using the template for my iPad mini and it works fine (didn't need to use sandpaper as some people suggest).

For the T-Mobile SIM, I'm waiting on my SIM cutting tool to arrive later this week, as I wanted to make sure I could use an adapter to get it back to MicroSIM size.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to kenandles
said by kenandles:

TD would I be able to do this with my Verizon ipad mini, only problem I have is tmobile will not give me a nano sim without signing up for phone plan.

But I want to sign up for the ($30 web special plan 4g monthly), also that plan is trying to sell me a phone first and I can't seem to bypass that.

Seems in Roselle, nj we get the 4g network.

Any help!

Thanks, Ken

Here is the best cutter I found for sim cards
»www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AU···_s00_i00

it does cuts to micro and nanno sim. I just bought once since I only had a micro cutter. I would get something like this and avoid trying to do it with scissors and a guide. These cutters pay for themselves pretty quickly.

I would also recommend these -
»www.amazon.com/iCoolkit-iPhone-S···im_cps_2

if you are trying to go back up from the nanno sim into micro or full size devices.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to kenandles
I'm in the same boat. I'm looking to grab the nano sim but for the $30 deal they want you to buy a phone. If you just pick up the SIM and come back to activate, is the $30 plan available?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
Yep, just make sure you order the Monthly4G SIM card. The $30 plan was available when I punched in the activation code to start service after receiving the SIM.

edit: I purchased this one specifically: »prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prep···tion-Kit
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Cool, that is the one I ordered and will receive tomorrow. Saving another $15 over straight talk will be welcome for this spare phone.

kenandles

join:2002-12-06
Roselle, NJ
reply to Thinkdiff
Thanks TD, that was about the only way it seems, now how did you go about signing up for the tmobile $30 web plan I see no way to get passed it trying to sell you a 4g phone first, what am I missing.

Again thanks for your help much appreciated, Ken

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
Just get the correct "activation kit" for $0.99, regular or micro sim. After you have it in your phone and start online activation, you can choose the $30 deal from the plan list. Basically you don't buy a pre-activated SIM. You only do that if it is coming with a phone.

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prep···im-cards