Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to printscreen

Re: Stripping paint from concrete ceiling

said by printscreen:

I could use a pressure washer but there are other considerations besides causing more damage to the ceiling such as having to work for an extended period inside the garage with door down and springs fully extended.

If a pressure washer is going to damage the ceiling, it's not a structurally sound ceiling.

If you want to remove all the paint, you can also use a dry ice blaster. Think sand blasting, but without the cleanup of all the sand.

printscreen

join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR
Reviews:
·Choice Cable TV
·Coqui/PRTC

said by cdru:

If a pressure washer is going to damage the ceiling, it's not a structurally sound ceiling.

If you want to remove all the paint, you can also use a dry ice blaster. Think sand blasting, but without the cleanup of all the sand.

It's a no less than 4-inch poured slab and the damage is only in the interior surface as I described above.

I have seen the dry ice thing at work where they used it to decontaminate some machines (pharmaceutical packaging) from some nasty stuff before they were used for a different product but that's just too expensive. I think some elbow grease will be the solution after all.