Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

Wouldn't it be nice!!! Digital back for 35mm Nikon bodies!!

If this is true, I'll be one of the first to give it a go. This may also be an affordable way for people to own full frame digital cameras and utilize their old equipment.

»nikonrumors.com/2012/12/17/nikon···as.aspx/

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
I like the idea. If only Pentax would do it. Ah, a digital Pentax ME! Tiny, pocketable, with a nice big FF viewfinder, yet built to take a hit from a nuclear strike.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
Sounds just like the 90s all over again. Let's just hope this time around they do it without attaching a hard drive via the tripod socket.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to rcroning
In the very early age of digital, there was a company that had the arguably brilliant idea of a drop-in module for any 35mm SLR. It looked like a 35mm film cassette with film hanging out. Unfortunately, the pixel resolution was quickly exceeded by stand alone camera, and development was dropped.

»cultureandcommunication.org/dead···con_Film
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
Winnipeg, MB
reply to rcroning
That's interesting! Never heard of this one before.

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to rcroning
Reminds me of this camera
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_DCS_3

The newspaper I shot for in Europe had a few lying around in boxes at the bottom of the camera locker. They let me have one, but I never got the thing to work.

This patent is something that we will never see. The bodies are too old to be reliable and repair parts are almost non existant. Also unless they're giving 16BIT raw files at high resolution the D800 would walk all over these things

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
I don't know. I could see this as a niche market if the price is right. They wouldn't have to offer the absolute best image quality out there. Any of todays sensors would generally be good enough for most people.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
Winnipeg, MB
reply to rcroning
It could have a cult following like Lomography and Pinhole photography.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to rcroning
I think I had the NC2000 which was similar to the one Exit mentioned but built on a Nikon N8008s body. Back in those days Nikon NEF files were really RAW.

Digital Technology was moving pretty fast in those days. Maybe six months after I bought it I realized I was getting better photos with a Kodak digital point&shoot so I sold it on eBay.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to rcroning
Retro fitting is rarely economical and limited market.(so little diversity of product)

Though no so true of N & C, that current Penatx DDSL's can use any lenses made for film DSL's (with more capability) really no reason too.

I have and electric bike, and the company makes sells a conversion kit for standard bikes... but the price is just slightly below the cost of the whole new bike.

Maybe make sense for upgrading a high tech bike, but not any standard one.

--