how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dingaan

join:2002-02-19
Bath, ON

WebMail Dead

Tried several times this morning to access Webmail, but so response after logging in. Just a blank screen even after going for a coffee!

Just wanted to see what was being left on server after accessing mail from different devices/software.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
works fine for me, but their page says they have a new web interface... i still have the old one. maybe they're working on it.

Dingaan

Bath, ON
said by cog_biz_user:

works fine for me, but their page says they have a new web interface... i still have the old one. maybe they're working on it.

I tried it after you did on same day and it still would not load messages.

Today, I had some old messages ( 2-3 days old) come through on my POP mail. So Checked back on Webmail.

At first it would not load. Just blank screen for some time. Gave up. Then tried one more time and after a few minutes of blank screen, the list of messages showed up.

Not sure what is wrong. Just happy I don't rely on web mail for anything.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
kudos:1
reply to Dingaan
Guys,

The cogeco webmail is actually a Java-based SMTP/Pop3 client. So whether it loads or not depends on two things:

1- That the server where the .jar resides exists
2- That your computer has a decent version of Java installed.

It can also fail if the SMTP or POP3 servers are unreachable, but only once loading has finished.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
I've never been required to have java installed to use Cogeco's webmail.

Dingaan

Bath, ON
reply to Dingaan
I tried again today.

I logged in and screen went blank. Decided to wait. And wait... and wait. After about 2 minutes, I decided nothing was happening because screen was still blank. Hit reload and after a short time list showed up.

When I originally posted, I assumed Webmail was dead because after entering login info, it presents a blank screen. I am sure I am not the only one who would consider the system dead if nothing appears on screen for 2 minutes?

Webmail is supposed to be updated. Just hope it is more than just a cosmetic upgrade.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
Hmmm... I've been on and off the webmail interface since about the 18th (tracking something, so waiting for confirmation of shipping, then using the link in the email to see where it was). I haven't seen a problem. However, I have seen that in the past - just not lately.

What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox 17.0.1 (and I think my problems were on the other machine which is still using a very old version of Netscape simply because I don't use that machine for web access usually).

Dingaan

Bath, ON
I too am using Firefox 17.0.1 so it can't be that. I see a message at bottom LH corner of Firefox that says something about javascipt and argument has lostpassword in it. But nothing lost about password and it eventually works.

Today it was faster to display - about 10sec of blank screen.

Bry

join:2008-12-31
Canada
reply to Farchord
Perhaps you're confusing Java with Javascript/ECMAScript.

Cogeco's webmail does not use the Java runtime.

-Bry.
--
Sometimes I'm rude, this is known.

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
reply to Dingaan
I'd suggest trying another web browser just to see if your issue is isolated to Firefox or if it's just a general issue.

Also, if you prefer, you could always use an email client to get your email as well, I know the Cogeco tech support guys can help set that stuff up, got my dad to call them up to help him with his email setup when I couldn't get over to help him myself.