spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

Gan

[PvP] Mote of Harmony from PvP Vendor

I just noticed Motes of Harmony can now be bought for honor points at the MoP PvP vendor. Something useful to buy if, like me, you have maxed out on honor upgrades, trading for HP for JP, etc.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Honestly, it's a rip off to me. Instead of offering it to be purchased, they should fix the drop rate slightly. Farming for 6 hours and only getting 7 motes is kind of retarded.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Raise your tillers rep to exalted and you can get 16 motes a day with 5 mins effort.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Gan

to Gan
Jobbie, you're a friggin genius. Alas, I hate dailies and refuse to do them lol. I was just farming them so I could craft myself a tank weapon and then BAM, axe of elegon in the LFR. I'll never need spirits again.

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti to Gan

Anon

to Gan
JP --> HP --> motes --> golden lotus --> gold --> ?

I did it because I was JP maxed and I hate to waste points, but it seemed like a needlessly silly string of transactions.

I continue to amass gold just for the hell of it - but there's nothing to buy. The BMAH is a good idea in theory, but I've yet to see anything on it I actually want.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Unless I'm mis-remembering, I believe you can buy Songbell seeds at Revered, not Exalted. (But, until you hit Exalted and open up the last part of the farm, you'll only be able to farm 12 motes per day.) Plus, Tillers rep is gained really quickly, compared to some of the other factions.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Gan

to Gan
I'm just lazy and hate the daily grind. That's why we have a guild slav....uh helper that farms all day and has every profession.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Caelharrad

Premium Member

to Caelharrad
said by Caelharrad:

Unless I'm mis-remembering, I believe you can buy Songbell seeds at Revered, not Exalted. (But, until you hit Exalted and open up the last part of the farm, you'll only be able to farm 12 motes per day.) Plus, Tillers rep is gained really quickly, compared to some of the other factions.

You are totally right, I was just putting the best scenario for mote farming.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Jobbie, you're a friggin genius. Alas, I hate dailies and refuse to do them lol. I was just farming them so I could craft myself a tank weapon and then BAM, axe of elegon in the LFR. I'll never need spirits again.

given the time to till the farm, and farm the dailies, its about 20 mins to do what you need to for the tillers. I too hate dailies but this grind was alot less time than grinding honor to buy motes...
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

I have a guild "Sugar Daddy". He crafted me the full contender dragonscale set, I sent him 126 prismatic scales + 10 hides. He sent them all back. I don't mind the help, but at least let me pay back. I feel like leech when this happens....

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

I hear ya. I feel the same way when it happens to me and they won't let me pay them. Yet somehow I continue to do it to others...
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

You'll still need them for your professions

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Gan

MVM

to Gan
Good to know about the ability to spend JPs on something useful instead of blowing them on CAT mats or gear for DE. Thanks for the post.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Plus the fact that those who get Valor capped will start earning JP in 5.2. A little convoluted, but at least I'll be able to spend the points on something. Now if only I didn't have to go see 2 different vendors on 2 different continents.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to fenix_jn

to fenix_jn
Since I mainly pvp and on't ever craft the epic plate gear, I have no need for spirits unless they make them Bind to account. I have a toon with 17 spirits and no professions as of yet, but it's mostly a bank alt that is 90 for back up raid toon purposes.
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

Gan

Click for full size
Yeah, I just buy them because I have nothing else to spend my HP on anymore, besides Cata mats, like seaquake mentioned. For example, a single TB from start to finish will net me tons of honor which I can now spend on motes. I think it was a nice addition. Eventually I use the Spirits of Harmony to craft random BS gear to sell on the AH, which is not bad since the 463 PvE weapons go for 5K-8K on my server.

However, I agree it's not the most efficient way to get motes, if that's your primary goal. If you do wish to "farm" them without actually farming them in Halfhill, I found the best way is to kill Outcast Sprites in Jade Forest. They are yellow (non aggressive), densely packed, have a ridiculously fast respawn rate, and hit as hard as they look (like plants). I can get 1 or 2 motes every few minutes or so, along with appreciable amounts of cloth. The key is to round up the different packs of 3-4 and AoE them down 10-15 at a time. By the time you shift-loot, new packs have already respawned. The location is marked on the map above.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Gan

to Gan
I like the idea and ability to spend the excess points, but 400 honor per mote is pretty atrocious. Just thinking that it takes a full honor cap to make one spirit of harmony when you can get 1.2-1.6 per day with revered/exalted tillers in roughly 5 minutes.

Kill a few mobs for 2-3 minutes and get a mote or do AND win a BG in 10-25 minutes and get a mote. Beats nothing to do with honor, but the conversion rate is pretty insulting.