uniqs

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

RAF only $5 right now.

So, I'm doing RAF with a friend right now, made a new account etc.

Got a shaman to 50 in 4 hours, lol.

Anyways, Classic BC and WotLK is only $5 and comes with a month of game time.

Get in and level up your alts! Then, have the raf account grant levels to another alt! Wooo
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Hmmmmmm, Immer, you should totally PM me help me get a priest up on your server =D
Cptbeatstix

Cptbeatstix to Savious

to Savious
Uhhhh, that was mean't to just be a reply, not a qoute.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Savious

to Savious
Hey Saviouss can you elaborate on this a bit? I'm a long time WoW'er, but I never used the RAF feature.

I have a 40 something pally that I'd like to powerlevel as fast as possible. What are my options here?
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Savious

to Savious
Recruit a friend will work for you if you recruit someone or duelbox 2 characters. You get a 300% experience boost as long as the characters are grouped and within 100 yards of each character. When the new account gains 2 levels(per character) they gain one grant a level for one of your toons. I have literally powerleveled my friend from 1-80 in about 20 mins in org. Blizz has all the info on Battle.net.

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

Wow that sounds pretty awesome. How did you do it while staying in org?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I PMED you

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

I just checked the RAF page on my phone. It says the characters must be within 4 levels of each other to gain the 300% xp.

So that means I have to make two toons, right? Can I then transfer the "bonus levels" to another higher level toon?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Did you get my PM?
Savious

Savious to Pollux7777

Premium Member

to Pollux7777
If you have someone that wants to start playing the game and doenst have an account yet, thats the optimal route.

Otherwise:
1. Go to the WoW website and click the RAF link under services or something.
2. Send the email to your friend that you are going to be doing RAF with (obviously it cant already be a bnet account email address).
3. That friend will need to follow the links in the email they recieved and creat a bnet account. This account will be a trial only.
4. Now, once they have created the trial acocunt, have them create a character on your server. You will also need to create a character as well, because RAF only works if the two of you are within 3 levels of eachother.
5. Upgrade the account ASAP, the WoW battlechest is only $5 for Classic, BC and WOTLK right now, and it comes with 1 month of free game time!

Now, when your friend is logged onto that account and you are as well, you will gain 300% bonus xp for EVERYTHING you do as long as you are within 100 yards of eachother.

Tips:

Have one player be a tank and the other a healer. This will ensure instant LFD queues, which is the best way to level (about 2 levels per run dungeon!)

Dont wear BoA's, youll out level your friend and lose the bonus if youre 3 levels higher.

You can summon eachother to the others location every 30 minutes. When questing, use this to your advantage by having one player hearth back to the quest hub and summon the other, then vice versa the next time.

Dont focus on doing dungeon quest too much, the real meat is in the bonus xp for completing the dungeon, which generally provides an entire levels worth of XP in of itself.

The RAF account (the new one) can grant levels to your account! Every 2 levels the RAF account gains, he can grant 1 level to ANY of your characters that are lower level than you. What does this mean? The two of you level a Priest and a Warrior to 70 (this should take less than 5 hours if you are persistent). Then, you jump on your paladin and your friend grants you 30 levels and you now have two 70s! Please note you need to be right next to each other to grant the levels.

Any other questions you have should be answered on the RAF info page on the WoW website. Also keep in mind the XP bonus last for a month or so, so you can pretty much build yourself an armada of high level alts.

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

Hey thanks saviouss (and Immer). I dont have a friend to level with, so I guess Id have to dual box it. I dont know how well I could dual box in a dungeon :/

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Use dungeon finder. That's what I did. I played mainly my healer while my other dual box tooned was pvp. Just mainly macro'd him and did most of the healing. It doesn't matter much as in low levels the tank does all the dps anyways.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Savious

to Savious
It's true. Popped open the launcher the other day and saw that you can buy every xpac of WoW for a grand total of $60 (the price of 1 XBox/PS3 game).

At first I thought, "That's a pretty good deal!" But a second after that I realized just what that meant. Blizzard has realized the declined state that the WoW empire is in now and is being forced to reduce prices in an effort to regain footing on a severely depleated player base.

I, myself, have cancelled one account and really keep one alive to maintain a LOC with family across the globe.
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Pollux7777

to Pollux7777
If you need someone to level with, let me know. My guild is always looking for new players and I have several toons that I want to get up to 90. I can either tank or heal since I have actually enjoy tanking and healing. PM and we can talk about it. I'm usually on late night around 9:30 pm. I'm always actually playing lol.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
Or that the majority of their income is from subscriptions, not selling the game. Besides, its a Christmas deal.

Put your tinfoil hat down.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's obvious grasping at straws.

I'm glad you gained a newfound interest in the game, truly I am but it has lost its staying power.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
Even so, while the girls are awesome at doing my dailies when I can't be at the computer, they really are desperately looking to get their own acct/toon. For this $$... so tempting, but that means we would have to allow them to have access to a computer other than the short time I let them on now... sigh.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Man, I needed someone to do dailies for me. They won't get done otherwise, I won't do them.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

PTU. Best part is I don't even have to pay them, they see it as a TREAT to be allowed on to do them. *WIN*

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Do you still get the flying tiger transformation mount thing?