darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to not quite right

Premium Member

to not quite right

Re: [iPhone] iOS 6.0.2 for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini only(?)

My iPad 2 is fine with with wifi. In fact, it works great at work where my iPhone 5 can't even see the same wifi hotspot.

What wifi-related problems are you having with your iPad 2?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by darcilicious:

My iPad 2 is fine with with wifi. In fact, it works great at work where my iPhone 5 can't even see the same wifi hotspot.

Since iOS 6x my iPad 2 has spotty WiFi performance on AT&T hotspots like Starbucks has. I can sit in Starbucks and my iP4S on iOS6 doesn't miss a beat yet the iPad will connect for a while then, even with WiFi bars showing it will not be able to download anything for 5 mins then it works again. This is very consistent behavior. It could be SB changed something in their router but it seems a coincidence.

At home I have no WiFi problems with the iPad.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to darcilicious

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

I didn't say I was having problems. It was my understanding that these Wi-Fi problems stemmed from IOS6, so why no update for the 2,3, or4?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by not quite right:

said by darcilicious:

I didn't say I was having problems. It was my understanding that these Wi-Fi problems stemmed from IOS6, so why no update for the 2,3, or4?

Was just curious -- I would expect that if the wifi problem were solely related to the firmware, I would see the same issues on both my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2 but I don't. My iPad 2 has been rock solid wrt to wifi where my iPhone 5 has not for the exact same access points and physical locations.