how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chinorider0

join:2008-08-08
Chino Hills, CA

[DVR] DVR Noise

My 7216 DVR appears to have a fan going bad. Intermittent whirring noise even when power is off (plugged in).

I don't want to replace the DVR because my wife will lose many hours of recorded shows. We would also lose all of the external drive programs.

Has anyone tried to open their DVR for any reason ?

Thanks

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY
kudos:4
I would not open it as the DVR is still the property of Verizon. If you damage it, they will hold you responsible.

dvrnoise

@208.87.249.x
reply to chinorider0
My 7216 just had the exact same issue...ended up getting a replacement and losing our recorded programs. It would be nice if the external drive could be paired with the account and not a physical DVR in terms of DRM.

If you do replace, make sure to "export series to cloud" from the old DVR first.. the replacement can import the series schedule at least so you don't have to manually enter them again.

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TrainBuff
Cautious opening is fine. As is various attempts to remove dust, etc that may be screwing things up. You can get the outer cover off fairly easily, but don't try and remove some of the rest as that will easily show as tampering, and could get you blamed for any damage.

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
reply to dvrnoise
I'm just curious. How do you "export series to cloud". Is that among the settings in the DVR (I've never noticed it)?