uniqs

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to Matt7

Anon

to Matt7

Re: NEWS: AT&T Plans Slew of U-Verse Updates in 2013

said by Matt7:

I rather see speed improvements (but I know the mighty blue won't do that).

"Speed Upgrades: The Project VIP plan includes an upgrade for U-verse to speeds of up to 75Mbps and for U-verse IPDSLAM to speeds of up to 45Mbps, with a path to deliver even higher speeds in the future.

In the 25 percent of AT&T's wireline customer locations where it's currently not economically feasible to build a competitive IP wireline network, the company said it will utilize its expanding 4G LTE wireless network -- as it becomes available -- to offer voice and high-speed IP Internet services. The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers."

»www.att.com/gen/press-ro ··· id=35661
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

How is all of this going to work when a majority of the techs cannot do an efficient job on current pair bond customers. They avoid them like the plague. Unless things have changed, which they have not, getting the second pair to customers will be a catastrophe.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

This tech doesn't mind (most) Pair Bond jobs

And they will get simpler, when the iNID is (mostly) dumped in favor of the indoor Pace Pair Bonded modem

And with POTS becoming a thing of the past, there are lots of unused pairs in the Plant

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER

Premium Member

said by ILpt4U:

".. with POTS becoming a thing of the past, there are lots of unused pairs in the Plant

There sure are.. I have about 10-12 pair not in use in the NID at my house. They are connected [afaik] at the IP-DSL remote that provides my IPDSL and U-Verse VoIP services.
public
join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

1 recommendation

public to Rangersfan

to Rangersfan
said by Rangersfan :

The company's 4G LTE network will cover 99 percent of all in-region customer locations. AT&T's 4G LTE network offers speeds competitive with, if not higher than, what is available on wired broadband networks today. And in many places, AT&T's 4G LTE service will be the first high speed IP broadband service available to many customers."

Users will enjoy access to streaming and cloud services with a 2GB cap, and $10/GB overages.
Wireline will serve one customer with all of the pairs bonded in a tattered decaying cable, continuing the descent to a banana republic status.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

The Caps put in place to "help the network" while never showing a bit of evidence that using such amount or less actually "helps" the network.

Caps should be illegal, imo.