Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

[TV] Old style 3 device remote

Does anyone where I can find the old style 3 device remote?

The reason is that my grandmother gets confused with the newer remotes, because there are a lot more buttons and most of all the power buttons require to push the device button then power, for the tv and cable box...

These older 3 device remotes you just push the tv and cable buttons separately for on & off, and that's what's easiest for her...

I know you can program the newer remotes to turn everything on & off at once, but there are times where the remote isn't pointed the right way, and only one of the devices responds, and then further pressing of the buttons results in one device being on, the other off, and it goes on like that... I've looked at universal remotes but haven't found anything with a simple power on/off operation like these old original rogers remotes...

I've had a few of those older remotes but the buttons eventually dont work as well, i took them apart, cleaned them, etc, but they do wear out...

I've asked at Rogers stores, but they say they dont have any, guy showed me a bin and there wasn't one of the old ones...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

Rogers retail stores won't carry them. The only ones they might have are ones that other customers have returned and those are usually in poor condition so you probably don't want them. I'd try the "cable shoppe" in Scarborough. They specialize in refurbishing cable equipment including Rogers.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Good idea, thanks!

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to HiVolt

I've actually got one that I'm not using...

If you want to PM me, maybe we can work something out.

I returned the box, but forgot to take the remote back, so it's no good to me. Pretty much in new condition, I think - it was for my bar TV, so only got used once in a while...