krazyboi to SueS

Premium Member

to SueS

Re: Excellent photo?

I overall tend to like pictures with:

good composition
good lighting
clean backgrounds

I also like candids over posed portaits, unless it's 'creative' posed portraits.
I like HDR but not overused HDR on landscapes.
list goes on....

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

SueS

Premium Member

said by krazyboi:

good composition
good lighting
clean backgrounds

I also like candids over posed portaits, unless it's 'creative' posed portraits.
list goes on....

Are all those photos with those criteria excellent in your opinion or do you just like them?
krazyboi
Premium Member
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX

1 recommendation

krazyboi

Premium Member

said by SueS:

said by krazyboi:

good composition
good lighting
clean backgrounds

list goes on....

Are all those photos with those criteria excellent in your opinion or do you just like them?

IMO, kinda Both. I enjoy art/photography and feel it is subjective... so with that, I like seeing people 'progress' and get better. I'm not going to knock someone for trying or seizing the moment. Hard to learn if you're not trying or experimenting. As a photographer we sorta know what goes into making an 'excellent' picture. The 'criteria' are mainly for those who will post the same type of picture over & over and ask what is wrong with it. I'm on Instagram and majority of the photos there are from smartphones and I still enjoy looking at those pictures as much as browsing through Flickr or 500px.