bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

[iPhone] Calls and texts not coming through

I've had an iPhone 5 for a few months now. It will occasionally stop receiving calls and texts. Of course, I never know that it's happening. The latest was yesterday. I got home and my wife asked where I'd been all day. She'd sent me a text shortly after lunch and tried calling twice later in the day, leaving a message once. I showed her my phone and that it didn't indicate any missed calls or texts. I hard rebooted it by holding down the home button and the power button on top. Shortly after restarting, her text came through as did the indication that I had missed her calls plus one more. I also had two voice mails. Any idea why this might be happening? I was at home the entire time where I have 5 bars and a great AT&T LTE signal.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by bjf123:

I've had an iPhone 5 for a few months now. It will occasionally stop receiving calls and texts. Of course, I never know that it's happening. The latest was yesterday. I got home and my wife asked where I'd been all day. She'd sent me a text shortly after lunch and tried calling twice later in the day, leaving a message once. I showed her my phone and that it didn't indicate any missed calls or texts. I hard rebooted it by holding down the home button and the power button on top. Shortly after restarting, her text came through as did the indication that I had missed her calls plus one more. I also had two voice mails. Any idea why this might be happening? I was at home the entire time where I have 5 bars and a great AT&T LTE signal.

This JUST happened to me - my wife said she tried to call 4 times and it went direct to VM.

I tried from my desk phone and same thing - but had no issues sending or receiveing texts or making calls.

I also have 5 bars of LTE Joy....

I called ATT - they had me turn off the phone - did some magic to the account and now all is good.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to bjf123

MVM

to bjf123
I used to have this happen on my old iP4. Turning off then on would catch everything up. It happened maybe a handful of times to me.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to bjf123

Premium Member

to bjf123
has happened to me too. It's like the phone has a fake connection to the tower but is actually not connected. I usually figured it out because I couldn't make any calls or send any texts even with good signal. Switching to airplane mode for 10 seconds then back again usually reset it.
Expand your moderator at work
modelamac7
join:2002-04-13
Waterford, MI

modelamac7 to bjf123

to bjf123

Re: [iPhone] Calls and texts not coming through

Have any of you used iTunes to Restore your iPhone?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to bjf123

Premium Member

to bjf123
Guess that's worse than what happens to me. People call me and my Phone app crashes. It's in the shop again, so back to using the BB Curve (the back-up phone since our provider never, ever has had the loaners in stock).