how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

canblue

join:2012-12-18
canada
reply to ruggs

Re: [Internet] Bell Fibe 15/10 low upload speed problem.

Distance is not an issue. I am with 1 km of the CO

canblue

canada

The service tech has just left. It appears that a needed filter, a ADSL/VSDL POTS splitter was never installed and there was a short
in one of the house connections. They may have been more problems at the CO but nothing was mentioned. As a result of installing the POTS splitter and maybe changes at the CO my DL speed is back to 15Mb and my UL speed has increased to 2.9Mb. I can live with the UP speed at this time. It is much more than I had with the Fibe 6 or the original installation of 15/10. Maybe over time the UL speed will get better. 2.9 is much closer to 10.

I am going to sit back for a while and see what settles out.

Bryan

sibisties

join:2012-06-04
Canada
kudos:8

1.Actual speeds will vary depending on the distance between the customer’s modem and switching equipment from Bell: min. 10 Mbps and max. 15 Mbps down speeds; Min. 680 Kbps and max. 10 Mbps up speeds.

Copy-pasted from Fibe 15/10 pricing details... Always read fine prints.

canblue

canada

Point well taken. I did not read that. My error.
Having admitted I the above, I still feel that delivering 1/2 of a package and less than 10% of the other half, does not qualify for full price, regardless of disclaimers. IF, I had the opportunity to test the HS connection before purchase, I probably would not have ordered it. There were other options but this one, based on advertisement, was the better deal.

Rant off.