how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anarchoi2

@distributel.net
reply to Sarick

Re: intruder in my network

I just changed my password and SSID name again, and 10 minutes after the intruder with computer name "PIMP" is back in my network... Is it really possible to crack WPA2 in only a few minutes ?

Also i live in a small town i doubt there are computer nerds around my house that could crack my wifi...

I recently had to use a VPN software to connect to Russia to download a digital game i bought... Is it possible that there was a virus inside the VPN or something like that ?

I'm not sure what TKIP and AES is...

My settings are:
Security - WPA2
Encryption - CCMP
Auth: PSK

EGeezer
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

3 recommendations

said by anarchoi2 :

... I recently had to use a VPN software to connect to Russia to download a digital game i bought... Is it possible that there was a virus inside the VPN or something like that ?

I would guess your computer has a remote access trojan. I recommend downloading Malwarebytes free scanner, disconnecting the PC(s) from the network and running a full scan of all systems that were on the network with it.

Then follow the steps in »Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance and »Security Cleanup

I'd also recommend a factory reset and re-configuration of your router after the scan.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to anarchoi2
Why don't you turn off the wifi until you get this fixed? I sure the heck would! You are responsible for whatever this person is downloading, or doing on your connection.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

anarchoi2

@distributel.net
I just disabled wifi on my router, and the intruder is still in my network !!! This is definatly a trojan or something.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Or, a bot.

I'd disconnect and work from another computer if possible. As suggested, see if you can download MalwareBytes to your drive, run it, and update it. Or, download MalwareBytes from a safe computer onto a thumb drive, and try to load it to your box that way.

If all else fails, go to »Security Cleanup and follow the instructions first.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

anarchoi2

@distributel.net
I have just ran full scans of AVG, Malware Bytes and Ad-Aware. Everything should be clean, but there's still the intruder in my network.

I have tryed turning off my computer, then logging on the network from a laptop and the intruder is still connected to the network !!!! So it can't be a virus since my computer was off...

I don't understand...

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Do a router FW upgrade lately?

At this point, I'll bet the router has been breached someway, somehow. Try a different router, and see what happens.
--