Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

[Beginner] Outlook .pst file from PC to Mac

I will be buying a MacBook Pro after Christmas. I know that most files can be transferred over, but the big one I have a question about is the MS Outlook .pst file. Is it transferable and loadable into a Mac? I've not been able to find anything on this. My googlefu is most likely lacking.

rmmoody

join:2001-02-15
Leawood, KS

1 recommendation

Are you wanting to use the file with Outlook on the Mac, or load it into OS X's native mail application? There is (was?) an application I used when I switched several years ago that converted PST files to a mailbox format. I don't remember the name of the program I used, and it's no longer on my current system. However a quick search on Google show something called PST Converter Pro. I'm unfamiliar with this program, and there may be others like it, if that's what you're looking for.

DanHo
Premium
Seattle, WA

I was planning on using outlook on the Mac and was hoping that I could just use the existing pst file.

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

1 recommendation

reply to DanHo

Outlook on the Mac does not use the PST format. You can however import a PST from the Windows version. You can't export to a PST with the Mac version.

DanHo
Premium
Seattle, WA

Ok. Thanks.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30

1 recommendation

reply to DanHo

If you move the PST over you can change it over to the Outlook 2011 olm format for Outlook on the Mac.

you can use a program like this-
»www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/

to convert it.

Or you can just toss the PST on your computer and use a program like PST Bridge and read it in it's own reader. That reader will talk to Outlook so you can reply to the email or send from that program and it will create the email in Outlook.

not

@comcast.net

Just copy the PST over to the desktop on the Mac and then import the info from it into Outlook for Mac. Be aware that when you do this, a new folder in the Documents folder on your user profile on the Mac will be created called Microsoft User Data. This is where all your email info will get dumped for storage. DO NOT DELETE THIS FOLDER or you'll open Outlook and find everything empty after you do that. Just a heads up.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to DanHo

PST Bridge

»itunes.apple.com/us/app/pst-brid···27?mt=12

DanHo
Premium