Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam

Re: Parental responsibility

i think the child should be held responsible, however that may be...punishing the parent (perhaps in some extent) COULD be a possible option, but i think the punishment should be on the one who did the crime.

if an 8 year old is running around a store, runs into a display case and breaks a $50 vase, then yes, have the parents pay...a 15 year old steeling something is different though...the 15 year old should be punished...and no, not 10 years in jail or anything silly...it could be a small monetary penalty ($100?), but something likely "worse" than the $100, like 100 hours of community service...this way, the kid can't get $100 from his parents (or from stealing something else) and has no other option but to "pay for his actions".

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer0:

i think the child should be held responsible, however that may be...punishing the parent (perhaps in some extent) COULD be a possible option, but i think the punishment should be on the one who did the crime.

if an 8 year old is running around a store, runs into a display case and breaks a $50 vase, then yes, have the parents pay...a 15 year old steeling something is different though...the 15 year old should be punished...and no, not 10 years in jail or anything silly...it could be a small monetary penalty ($100?), but something likely "worse" than the $100, like 100 hours of community service...this way, the kid can't get $100 from his parents (or from stealing something else) and has no other option but to "pay for his actions".

I agree. I had not read it to see it was a 15 year old. At that age, yes they should be responsible. In the other example, I would expect to be held responsible is my girls at their age did something like you mention.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

The son was charged, so the crown and the YOA will deal with the punishment. Most likely he will face a diversion program, community service and a fine. Thats the legal system to decide.

This is a lawyer trying to recoup for loss prevention's time, extra-judicial lawyermongering at it's finest. The article claims this isn't the first time, how many have paid to just keep it quiet?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

that lawyer should piss off...if he wants restitution, he can ask for it as part of the charges laid against the 15 year old...provided it was reasonable, it would likely be granted as well.