Premium Member

to Mont

Re: Side mirror glass question.

"Package includes step by step installation instructions"
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

Thanks , is that mirror convex or flat ?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Mont:

Thanks , is that mirror convex or flat ?

As of at least 2011 in the US, all DRIVER'S side mirrors were flat. Only passenger side mirrors were permitted to be convex. There was some talk about letting both be convex as it has been in Europe for years but I don't know if that change was ever made.
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

Thanks , so i guess in Canada it should be the same.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Mont:

Thanks , so i guess in Canada it should be the same.

Oops. Didn't see you're Canadian. But yes, the same applies. No driver's side convex mirrors on passenger vehicles.
Mont
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

It's ok , Thanks.
sparks
join:2001-07-08
Little Rock, AR

sparks to Mont

to Mont
well I got a busted side mirror on my van.
Order a complete replacement motor adjustable online and put it on I think it was $42.
And the mirror shakes in the housing when you hit a bump or go fast...Worst thing I have done in a while, not sure what to do now.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by sparks:

well I got a busted side mirror on my van.
Order a complete replacement motor adjustable online and put it on I think it was $42.
And the mirror shakes in the housing when you hit a bump or go fast...Worst thing I have done in a while, not sure what to do now.

Sounds like the unit is not mounted properly internally. If the mirror unit was one piece with the external housing you should report it as a possible defect to the seller or manufacturer.

However, if you installed the insides (mirror glass and backing with or without motor) into your old outer housing, then recheck your work as it sounds like you didn't properly connect the guts to the housing.