spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shawndooley

join:2012-12-19
Hamilton, OH

Not happy with Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Either, is anyone?

Sharing my sad tale

I had some slick talking salesman walk into our community trying to sell this "new great system they just installed and we as so lucky to have access."

He promises one thing, but when you get it, it is something else and he is gone. Every call to Cincinnati Bell goes to India where you need a translator to understand what she is reading to you from a scripted form. I cannot get the billing info corrected or my credit that they promised to pay for cancelling my contract with Time W. They give nothing but the run around.

I concur with the pathetic remote...this thing operates on a delay. Enter information or channel and wait for it to work.

And the guide..you cannot scroll down the guide unless you want to wait for it to catch up. This is analogue technology.

Oh yeah and the better faster zoom town that I was upgrading to is slower than the old slow zoom town I had before.

But what I want to know from others here is the bate and switch on the price plan.

The salesman sat down and gave me the complete package price with zoom town, home phone, long distance and the fioptics. The package was cheaper than I had with Time W. BUT like everything else, when the bill comes it's $15 more than it was promised and I was better off with Time Warner's better product.

I can only say to others, the best thing about this system is......you do not have to sign a contract so you can go right back to what you had before.

I am about to switch back. Try to support local companies and this you get, Sad.

CinBell

@cinbell.com
Hi shawndooley,

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. Sorry to hear about your experience. We are happy to look into these issues for you. Email me your account # (or address if you do not have an account # yet) and a convenient contact # to cincinnati.bell@fuse.net with your name as the subject line.

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
Social Media Team

Joe Busam

join:2013-01-24
Cincinnati, OH
We've had Fioptics for about a year and a half now. I have a DVD recorder and have been recording some programs on to DVD-R for my library. All worked fine until last week when I attempted to record a program and got a prompt saying recording of the program is not permitted. I even went into our DVR list and tried to record a program I had stored there and got the same prompt. I even tried to record a program that I had already copied on to a DVD-R and still got the prompt. Was something changed in Fioptics cable service that now prevents recordings? I really need to know as this may possibly be an issue with my DVD recorder.. I need to know if a change has taken place with Fioptics so I can properly trace the problem. Thanks.

hellofromme

join:2012-11-20
Fairfield, OH
It would be interesting to know if the OP has been contacted by Cin Bell in any way. I never heard from them on their promise to get with me.

I believe the tech team is in the Philippines. I call it "taking a ride on Luzon Lorry" and it's never a good thing. Several people told me they were bringing it back back on shore, but so far, no good.

J. B: Problems recording have not been an issue for me. Commands to get the recording started are the only gripe I have in that area.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH
reply to Joe Busam
How is the DVD recorder connected to the set top box and which model is the set top box?

A poster in another thread was saying that as a result of a recent firmware update the analog outputs on the ZTE set top box may have been treated to make recordings difficult.

ITP

join:2013-02-11
Loveland, OH
reply to shawndooley
I switched from Dish Network to Cincinnati Bell and I am repenting my decision.

HD quality is not at all comparable to that offered by Dish Network,
Customer Service is the worst I have seen and have spent mutiple hours trying to sort through issues without success in some cases.
They promised a package at certain price that was fixed for 12 months and starting second month have taken out promotion and now I am spending hours again with horrible csutomer service reps to explain (Without any success)
FIOPTICS internet speed is slow
DVR is slow

I got sold by big promises made in promotions and wanted to support local company but am repenting my decision and plan to go back to another provider.

I never expected such bad service (along with horrible customer service) from Cincinnati Bell.

mcgcvg

join:2013-04-11
Cincinnati, OH
reply to shawndooley
I got Fioptics in July 2012 and was not impressed from the start. The internet connectivity was fine and speed/bandwith was as advertised. That's where the good news ends.

What was horrible was the TV service. The GUI is amateur material and very poorly executed at that. Their ad insertion was even worse. A large number of channels would not work despite the excellent connection (fiber to the house). The Cisco DVR was the worst I have ever had and was probably the source of all the trouble we were having. Their customer service is outsourced to India and it is TERRIBLE !!!!! I was told we had to wait 2 weeks before a service technician could come out. When we finally had a technician trying to fix it, he was in the house for an entire day. He left with zero results. Their offered solution was to give us free premium channels. As it turns out, those premium channels didn't work either. Great offer !!! Then they started charging me for these free non-working channels !!

Since then I have cancelled my TV service as I could no longer deal with the complete lack of customer service.

As a regional company Cincinnati Bell should stick to local customer support. They also need to finish developing their attempt at being a cable TV supplier.

I will not use them again.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH

2 edits
The comment about Fioptics Internet speed being slow is unusual - generally the internet access seems to deliver as advertised.

Some of the equipment seems to let CB down - notable the ZTE STBs which seem to improve with each update but which seem under-powered at times.

What I do like is CB's pure IP approach and that they are continuing to build out the Fioptics GPONs (FTTH) even in areas which already have VDSL (FTTN). If we had Verizon or AT&T I doubt that would be happening.

Expansion of the GPON / FTTH system is evident currently in areas from Blue Ash down through Deer Park, extending east to Sycamore Twp/Kenwood and west to Silverton. Some of those areas already have VDSL (FTTN) service but it looks like they won't be stuck on copper forever.

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
kudos:2
said by CVGNet:

Expansion of the GPON / FTTH system is evident currently in areas from Blue Ash down through Deer Park, extending east to Sycamore Twp/Kenwood and west to Silverton. Some of those areas already have VDSL (FTTN) service but it looks like they won't be stuck on copper forever.

I don't see how GPON makes any difference if they're keeping upload speeds so low. 50/10 can be easily matched by cable, I'd expect at least 50/10 from fiber, in fact, I'd prefer 30/20 service to 50/10.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH
said by tennisman94:

I don't see how GPON makes any difference if they're keeping upload speeds so low. 50/10 can be easily matched by cable, I'd expect at least 50/10 from fiber, in fact, I'd prefer 30/20 service to 50/10.

Fioptics FTTP does offer a 50/10 service and a 100/20 service though the pricing on the 100/20 is excessive.