All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to Ravynmagi7

to Ravynmagi7

Re: [CenturyTel] Is CenturyLink throttling YouTube?

Ravynmagi7,

Our team is happy to review & troubleshoot the service issues with you. Please send account details to us via the link »t.co/lm5JYoPO or email talktous@centurylink.com When sending information please include the screen name from this post so we may identify you properly.

Thanks
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team

Sivart21
@centurytel.net

Sivart21

Anon

I have also recently started having issues with CenturyLink + Youtube -- Other sites, Hulu, Netflix etc. stream just fine in full HD, but not Youtube. If I tether to phone videos play no problem. I believe CenturyLink has started performing some sort of traffic shaping recently -- it was never an issue until a few days ago. I tried at both of my locations in the same town that have a centurylink connection. Disappointed that they would do this, but not surprised -- if CenturyLink wasn't the only option, I would be elsewhere in a heartbeat.

Dcinqc
@qwest.net

Dcinqc

Anon

I too am having the same problem and only with YouTube, all other streaming services work fine. I am on a 40/20 circuit and should have no issues whatsoever, never had the problem with a 20mb circuit with COX, I think it is time to switch back as much as I hate to. So sad to see CenturyLink shaping traffic, we are not getting what we pay for, I knew the price was too good to be true and this is why, they are scamming us all with this BS.
usquared
join:2005-08-14
Spokane, WA

usquared to CenturyLink

to CenturyLink
Same here on a 40/20 connection. Can't watch anything above 360p without buffering. Just contacted CenturyLink support to report the issue.

If you right click and click "show video info" you'll see how it's hardly downloading at all.