uniqs

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe

Re: [NFL] Sanchez Benched, Tebow heading to CFL?

If Tebow started and won the last two games, that would put the nail in the coffin for Rex Ryan. Not that I don't expect him to be fired anyways, but I think he's saving himself the embarrassment of Tebow showing him up.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by shaner:

If Tebow started and won the last two games, that would put the nail in the coffin for Rex Ryan. Not that I don't expect him to be fired anyways, but I think he's saving himself the embarrassment of Tebow showing him up.

It was telling that no one from the Jets organization showed up to Tebow's press conference when he first came to the Jets. The owner wanted him but none of the coaches did. Ryan refused to play him (despite losing to him the previous season). Now that Sanchez has played himself out of the lineup, if Tebow were to come in and play decent (not even good, just decent), Ryan would look like a complete clown. Also, Tebow has a whole lot of incentives built into his contract based on performance so the Jets GM has no incentive to put Tebow in and give him any chance at hurting the Jets salary cap even more than it already is. I'll be really surprised if Tebow is still a Jet next year.