spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bak2sat
@wildblue.net

bak2sat

Anon

DAP!!

Well I have had my first run-in with the Exede DAP and well.... its not as bad as I thought. When we had Direcway which turned into hughesnet the internet was unusable while DAP was active.

I am getting 550Kbps which is about what my folks get on their Verizon 3G card (during primetime) webpages load easy and no difference in email etc. Even Youtube videos will load with just a bit of buffering.

But now i have 7 days to go before I am reset oh well...
Twohot
join:2012-12-19
USA

Twohot

As someone that just signed up for Exede this was one of my biggest concerns but I'm glad to hear you're still getting such acceptable speeds, 550Kbps is perfectly usable for web browsing and e-mail.

bak2sat
@pioneer.com

bak2sat

Anon

Weirdest thing... I am obviously under the DAP but this morning at 6AM i did a random speedtest and I was running at my old faithful 16meg speed??

I have exede through Dish and I didnt think we were getting the LNFZ but maybe we have had it the whole time and didnt know it? I will test again tonight.

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

The Dish/Exede customers on wildblueworld.com all report Dish is not enforcing DAP...reports say they will start enforcing DAP around Janurary 7th...

So you may have hit a slowdown due to other causes...and, the LNFZ is midnight-5am local time, so 6am was outside the LNFZ window anyway..