Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

1 edit

Mike2009 to mike0z

to mike0z

Re: Stable dsl modems for marginal lines

In Canada Bell, Sasktel and Telus have used 2wire modems. You can get brand new ones on Kijiji or Ebay with AT&T or Qwest firmware and these work well.

This one is brand new and unlocked. »toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy- ··· 29024801

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

In Canada Bell, Sasktel and Telus have used 2wire modems. You can get brand new ones on Kijiji or Ebay with AT&T or Qwest firmware and these work well.

This one is brand new and unlocked. »toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy- ··· 29024801

Hmm I have one of those in a box. I have a habit of trying to pull off 6000 meter syncs (and do pretty good) Maybe Ill try it somewhere

mike0z
@teksavvy.com

mike0z to Mike2009

Anon

to Mike2009
these units have a built in wireless router too if i remember right...i actually set one up for a family member a few years back. How would I go about using it as just a modem (i doubt the 2 wire uses wireless N which I use exclusively for home network media streaming)

I guess the unlocked versions allow for bridged mode?

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Yes, they have a router but you can put them in bridge mode and use a separate router.

mike0z
@teksavvy.com

mike0z

Anon

ok..ill keep my eye in the classifieds. the one for sale locally needs a power supply...not really the power supply but the size of the plug that can be hard to track down. + i cant see it working :-/

any modems on the discount shops with the broadcom based chip-set in them (CC,NCIX,newegg,tigerdirect?) Ive heard the new TP-links use trendchip, which is unfortunate...

KTM
@l-3com.com

KTM

Anon

If you can, upgrade you package to a FTTN DSL (10M,15M uses your current modem). With FTTN you don't have to worry about distance to your CO, only the wiring to the Node.