[ALL] Email apology

Did everyone get the apology from Cox?

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

Last thing I have from them is a newsletter on the 10th. What was it for, the email issue?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to dfgdgfd56

yep

robertva

join:2012-12-19
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to dfgdgfd56

Yes. Shows 12-20-2012 0029z time stamp.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK
kudos:5
reply to dfgdgfd56

For those who have not received the email here it is...

quote:
Dear Cox email user,

We owe you an apology for your recent experience with our residential email service. We pride ourselves on delivering your most important connections, and candidly, we recognize that did not happen. We are focused on how we can improve your trust in our service and with our company. Our hope is that we have begun to do that with this apology and explanation.

On Friday, we experienced a storage platform failure in our production environment. Both our primary and back-up storage devices that support email service were affected. Dozens of engineers worked with our storage vendor and have isolated what caused the platform in our Midwest and East Coast regions to go down. Every resource was made available to restore services to all affected customers as soon as possible. The multiple components and processes that make up our email system required time to bring back online, and care to ensure that no messages were lost. This week, we began to replace the storage platform as part of our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.

We understand that email is an important component of your Cox High Speed Internet service, and we deeply regret the impact this outage had, especially at a time when you are busy preparing for holiday celebrations with your family and friends. On behalf of the 20,000 Cox employees who proudly serve our customers, I hope you’ll accept our most sincere apologies.

Sincerely,

Paul Cronin
Senior Vice President, Customer Experience
Cox Communications

huntermcdole
Premium
join:2005-08-01
Tucson, AZ

Does the apology come with a refund for downtime? I didn't see the downtime so I am not sure if the West had it...

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

Doesn't affect west coast customers.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to dfgdgfd56

They should have made it a big pop up on every web page so people would see it.

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to dfgdgfd56

I'm willing to cut them some slack, but their explanation e-mail isn't entirely truthful. I have received over 2 dozen e-mails from Wednesday/Thursday that have just been delivered since the outage.