Re: [Classes] Warlock 5.0.5

Demo is an AOE beast right now.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

But who wins cleaves right now? BoH is pretty nice for 2 dudes.

There's a difference between 8 tiny mobs and 2 larger ones.

(My impression has been Destro for 2 mobs, Afflic for 3-4, and Demo for 5+ as teh winnar)

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii

It all comes down to playing what is fun. I personally find Aff easier than Demo. Demo is all about keeping your demon alive, in and out of forms, and demonic fury maintenance. Aff is just dot em mal/drain em.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Suniojii

to Suniojii
said by Suniojii:

Demo is an AOE beast right now.

Demo isn't quite the AoE beast it used to be but is still good! Certainly better than the other specs. That said, Affliction isn't too bad with soulburn + seed. Destro can do embers + immolate, etc. for some decent AoE as well.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Yeah the embers+curse, embers+immolate, and embers+incinerate are good AOE dmg if you have the time and embers (which isn't all that often). Embers+immolate is the best pinch hitter.

I know I'm asking too much here because of people already complaining about Destros having too much burst power in PVP, but I really wish the embers didn't fade. Nothing gets under my skin more than having full embers when we get to the boss but then being down to one by the time we start because of hesitation on tank/healer.