spc
uniqs
cell14
join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL

1 recommendation

cell14 to Trev

to Trev

Re: [voip.ms] Is it rotten with bugs or is it incompetent users?

said by Trev:

That's kind of the problem with BYOD. It's very difficult to determine where the fault is until the problem has been found and corrected. At that point, it's poor practice for the provider to publicly blame the customer and often the customer doesn't bother posting back to admit it was their own fault (or neglects to mention it, instead stating "support fixed it").

So end result is a skewed perception.

With a full service provider, the provider is then responsible for everything except the Internet connection itself (and even then, sometimes they do manage it).

I absolutely agree with you. The VOIP provider, ATA/VOIPadapter/VOIP phone, user's other equipment, ISP, ISP's provided( sometimes proprietary) equipment like gateways- all of that can cause problems and then usually the blame game starts. One of the main reasons why people are skeptical about VOIP.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by cell14:

The VOIP provider, ATA/VOIPadapter/VOIP phone, user's other equipment, ISP, ISP's provided( sometimes proprietary) equipment like gateways- all of that can cause problems and then usually the blame game starts.

Right, that's why it's so important to look for patterns.

---------------------------------------

You have to piece together the data.

Suppose a man goes to the doctor with the issue that the one time he has sex, he's boiling hot.

The next time, he's freezing cold.

A puzzle.

Until his wife comes in and explains that they had sex in August and then again in February.

---------------------------------------

Well, I gotta go out and "get a life".

I'm hoping to find one, 9 miles west of Amherst.

Wish me luck.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by PX Eliezer704:

Well, I gotta go out and "get a life".

I'm hoping to find one, 9 miles west of Amherst.

Would that be Grand Island or Canada?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

It's near Springfield.