how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sandman
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Strafford, MO

When did DVDFab start asking for Nero or ImgBurn?

Click for full size
Click for full size
So I updated DVDFab to 8.2.2.5 and now it's asking for the path to Nero or ImgBurn. I went ahead and installed ImgBurn, and then it wants to know about layer breaks.

I don't know anything about layer breaks, I just want DVDFab to copy this DVD like it's been doing for years now.
--
Rule #62: Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

bennor
Premium
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

1 recommendation

Click for full size
Check your settings, its possible the "Burning Engine" setting is set to use either Nero or ImgBurn. Go to Common Settings (green check mark icon at top right of window) --> DVD / Blu Ray --> Write. Check the "Burn Engine" field, you can select from several burning engines. Mine defaults to VSO Burning Engine on my Windows 7 x64 laptop.

Never in all the years I've used DVDFab on various computers using XP, Vista or 7 have I been asked for Nero or ImgBurn when burning or ripping.

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

That's exactly what I'm saying I've never seen it do this. I reinstalled DVDFab and it did the same thing, even though I have VSO Burning Engine selected.

It's not able to find my key right now, so it's running as the free DVD ripper, so I'm kind of wondering if it has something to do with it, maybe.
--

bennor
Premium
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

Click for full size
DVDFab About Screen
My guess would be the trial version ran out since you don't have, or cannot find, your product key. Check the DVDFab About screen to see what portions of the program have expired. This DVDFab link: »www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/DVDFab-HD-Decrypter states that you cannot burn Disc to Disc with the free DVDFab HD Decrypter. Strangely my Windows 7 x64 pc just blue screened when I tried to rip a DVD to a DVD with DVDFab HD Decrypter.

Anyhow you can try and request DVDFab send you your key at this link: »www.dvdfab.com/member.htm

Sandman
Premium
Strafford, MO

That's exactly what it is then. It's looking for the key on my desktop machine, I guess that's where I pointed it to, and since that machine was offline then it reverted to HD Decrypter. And I backup my DVDs as ISO, which would be disc-to-disc.

Thanks for all of your help.

I guess I need to copy the key over to my laptop since I have access to it as of this morning.
--