uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

[HELP] Linksys E4200 Firmware Upgrade Problem

I just purchased a Linksys E4200 (v2) Dual-Band N750 Wireless Router and it's running the 2.0.26.124551 firmware. I see that there is the 2.1.39.145204 firmware upgrade available on their site: »homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/supp···rs/E4200

I downloaded the updated firmware and unzipped the file which is in a .SSA format, and tried to manually update the firmware, but I keep getting this error message:

The image file is incorrect.

I even tried running the Online Upgrade/Upgrade Automatically option, but it says:

Your router software is up to date

Running Mac OS 10.7.5 and tried it on Firefox, and Chrome, as well as on a Windows Vista machine using Firefox. Still no success.

What can I do to have the firmware upgrade go through properly? Help!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

2 edits
This forum is for the enterprise Cisco hardware. You'll have better luck here: »Linksys

Also just a guess: most firmware update utilities I've seen are Windows apps. You usually cannot upgrade from a Mac.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
Thanks. It from the web interface via the 192.168.1.1 address. And as i stated above I also tried it on a Windows machine just to be safe. Still no dice.

Mods, can you move this to the proper forum so I can get the help I need please? Thanks.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo