beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com

slow...

I was really happy with my connection when I first got the Mifi and got it set up. Then after the update it just gets slower and slower. I've been to Minneapolis and now back to Rochester, MN. It just doesn't change. So I don't think it's a problem with getting close to the tower. In Rochester I have a tower that I can see from the house. Not sure if it's Verizon tower, but it's the only one around.

I was getting 6-8Mbs down before the update at the end of November. I believe I have used just about 5GB in Dec so far.

So... What do I look at on the Mifi? Or am I being throttled?

4G LTE Network

Status Dormant
Network Operator Verizon
RSSI -96 dBm
SINR 12 dB

My SINR is usually at 9 not 12.

edit to add I have the Novatel 4620LE Mifi

--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

-96 is a very marginal signal , Are you using an antenna ? If not I suggest you do . The Mag mount sold by Millenicom should make a difference.

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
reply to beck

I just can't believe that most of MN has a poor signal. It worked ok both places when I first got it.

Any way to get back the old software?

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to beck

Does that speed test really show 600kb down but 5mb upload? Try a different speed test site, that is unusual.

beck
Premium,MVM
On The Road
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to beck

It's up to 3Mbs today. Better, but not what it was. I tried the other servers and some are poor or weird with upload being really fast.

I'll wait til it goes so slow again and see what the techs have to say.