Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to neuromancer1

Re: Having read feedback on TekSavvy, perhaps I Rogers better

said by neuromancer1:

You may want choose another provider because TSI is a target for copyright infringement trolls right now and your IP may become falsely accused of copyright infringement.

Wow, FUD much or what.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by 34764170:

said by neuromancer1:

You may want choose another provider because TSI is a target for copyright infringement trolls right now and your IP may become falsely accused of copyright infringement.

Wow, FUD much or what.

Well... Let's look at this for a minute...
said by neuromancer1:

TSI is a target for copyright infringement trolls right now

True.
said by neuromancer1:

your IP may become falsely accused of copyright infringement.

True.

But... is that a reason for not going for them? Same is true for all the ISP's. No one is immune to this.

Everyone is a target. Guilty or not.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

said by neuromancer1:

Wow, FUD much or what.

I wouldn't say FUD, it is true quite honestly. Voltage will be after Teksavvy users for some time to come. I wouldn't recommend another provider personally but what he said is true

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Changing providers now won't protect you, not if they allready think they have your IP and think they can match it with you. And anyways what good is that going to do, if they're eventually going to go after the rest of the incumbents for more IP's down the road, its like a lottery - sometimes you lose - sometimes you lose even more.

Meanwhiles, we work on convincing the justices that this is a witch hunt. And hope the justices put an end to it now. Its that simple. No need to run around flailing your arms, screaming and whining. If an officer of the court doesn't come directly to you, inquire your name and personally hand over one of the certified letters to compell you into court for what might be an expensive trial - then its nothing but Fear, uncertainty and doubt.

This thing is a scam. Its just that simple. Once you see that then maybe the rest of your way will be so much simpler.

Remember, they don't really want to see you in court. They really do want to scare you into parting with your money. And thats that.
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Tx

said by Tx:

I wouldn't say FUD, it is true quite honestly. Voltage will be after Teksavvy users for some time to come. I wouldn't recommend another provider personally but what he said is true

I don't believe moving to another provider will afford you any real protection.