uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aframe
Premium
join:2008-01-30
Uvalde, TX
kudos:1

[iPhone] iphone 5 question

Is it possible to use my win7 pc as a handsfree device? I have it paired with my iphone 5 but cannot get the mic working to talk to the other party.
--
HN9000/Spaceway III,74m/1w,Elite package,Windows 7,Ubuntu,

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state

Not sure what to tell you about your request, but if the phone is sitting there (paired to PC), why not just use the phone? If you want, use it on speaker setting and you wont be able to tell the difference between talking to the PC and to the phone.

Aframe
Premium
join:2008-01-30
Uvalde, TX

said by haroldo:

Not sure what to tell you about your request, but if the phone is sitting there (paired to PC), why not just use the phone? If you want, use it on speaker setting and you wont be able to tell the difference between talking to the PC and to the phone.

Thanks for the reply. That is certainly the logical way to do it, however, as I have a problem hearing the conversation via the speaker phone, I am looking for a way to use the pc speakers in order to get the volume up to a level that will help me understand the person on the other end. So far have not been able to make the pc mic work over the phone.
Frank
--
HN9000/Spaceway III,74m/1w,Elite package,Windows 7,Ubuntu,

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe, Google Voice, is a phone app/utility that (probably) can make phone calls (free, domestically) from the web site. Worth looking into?

easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

join:2008-07-08

said by haroldo:

...Google Voice, is a phone app/utility that (probably) can make phone calls (free, domestically) from the web site.

This is correct. But, you can plug your speakers into your iPhone if they have the stereo mini male end(hehe!) and use the internal mic on the phone. i do this in my car all the time. The other party says i sound far away from the mic, because i am though. Thats the only problem.
--
You should vote for the Colostomy Bag that I'm voting for! This one appears to be better than that other one!