how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ThaPrince

join:2002-10-13
Santa Rosa, CA

1 edit

Perhaps they haven't completed the 8 channel roll out yet?

Click for full size
Around 2AM i went from channel ID's of 1-4 to channel ID's of 5-8. The frequencies haven't changed though. Even on my 6141 I still get the same as above. Perhaps they haven't completed the 8 channel roll out yet.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by ThaPrince:

Around 2AM i went from channel ID's of 1-4 to channel ID's of 5-8. The frequencies haven't changed though. Even on my 6141 I still get the same as above. Perhaps they haven't completed the 8 channel roll out yet.

Could be. After 5 years, they just completed the Docsis 3 upgrade in my area and as far as I know from what my Arris 722G is telling me, neither of the 4 channels I have access to suggest that 8 channels down are available here yet.

Out of curiosity, what speed do you have?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:3

1 edit

We have 8 down/2 up here in CT on the performance package. You might be getting 8 soon. I think they just gave us 8 down very recently but not sure since I just got a 8x4 modem.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
reply to ThaPrince

A lot of places don't have 8 downstream channels. I didn't know that they were supposed to be done with that deployment.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to ThaPrince

Channel ID being higher than 4 does not necessarily mean that 8 channel is near you.
--
Ex-Comcast Tech at the Beach. I speak for myself, not my former employer.

JoeHemi

join:2011-05-06
united state
reply to ThaPrince

And just think, we're currently working on adding new QAM licenses from Harmonic and swapping out EDFAs to support 16 channels down in the northwest. Already have 10 channels down for VOD.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to ThaPrince

When they went from 4 to 8 channels by me, they also changed the range. The new channel 8 is the old channel 1.

You could try another reboot, or a reset to defaults, then a reboot, which will force a new rescan. Normally , the modem will first try the last downstream frequency (or the first frequency if bonded) it used before.