Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium
join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub
kudos:4
reply to Mele20

Re: Extremely critical vulnerability Samsung Android devices

This thread is about the ExynosAbuse exploit, is your TV a device that is vulnerable to that specific exploit?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I think they are different exploits although I know zero about cell phones exploits as I don't have one or want one - I happen to like privacy which is impossible if you have a cell phone. I was just wondering why Samsung is so fast to fix a cell phone exploit but they have said nothing about fixing the TV exploit on their Smart TV's. I'd think they sell a lot more TV's than cell phones and would be concerned about fixing it.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

said by Mele20:

I'd think they sell a lot more TV's than cell phones and would be concerned about fixing it.

On the contrary,just the opposite,according to the latest data (wiki) Samsung has 25% of the market share on cell phones,while its TV sales are at 17% market share....(leaders in both)

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Mele20

Samsung has not been very forthcoming at all.
The smart-TV vuln is confirmed but there is not much available information.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to art22gg

Ok....but I would think TV saturation is greater than cell phone (although I realize cell phone saturation is high). Of course, we don't know the percentage of Samsung cell phones with internet access (or do all of theirs have it?) nor do we know the percentage of Samsung TVs that are sold with internet browser access. So, I am not sure those figures are especially accurate...but they are interesting.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson