how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to jjoshua

Re: [Rant] UPS Billing

It seems like it would be way to easy to abuse their system. I've shipped equipment to customers before using their FedEx number. All I had to do was write down their number and drop off the package. What is to stop me from keeping track of these numbers and shipping stuff again?
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by battleop:

It seems like it would be way to easy to abuse their system. I've shipped equipment to customers before using their FedEx number. All I had to do was write down their number and drop off the package. What is to stop me from keeping track of these numbers and shipping stuff again?

if a customer consented or gave their account number then that's ok...besides, don't you ask or confirm with your customers before doing so?

if they didn't consent or doesn't even have an outstanding order for you to ship and you still used their account to ship something else...then that's fraud...

you certainly don't want to lose a customer over a courier account number...

battleop

join:2005-09-28
"if they didn't consent or doesn't even have an outstanding order for you to ship and you still used their account to ship something else...then that's fraud.."

Ugh... I didn't say that as if I was going to actually do it or even think about doing it. The way that it's done it would not be that hard for someone to do this.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.