spc
Search similar:

uniqs

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

White House strategy on security information sharing...

quote:
The document touches a key point that has in the past often stymied cooperation and information sharing between the government and the private sector. In my experience, the gov organizations were always very open to receive and soak up information shared with them by private enterprise, but were far less forthcoming with returning the favor.

As such, I was positively surprised to read in the new national strategy that "collecting intel" seems to slowly but steadily be supplanted by "collecting intel and making timely use of it", which is definitely an improvement for everyone.

»isc.sans.edu/diary/White ··· ng/14734

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

quote:
The document touches a key point that has in the past often stymied cooperation and information sharing between the government and the private sector. ... As such, I was positively surprised to read in the new national strategy that "collecting intel" seems to slowly but steadily be supplanted by "collecting intel and making timely use of it", which is definitely an improvement for everyone.

"and making timely use of it": Whatever that means... and it could mean almost anything the gum'int wants it to mean - as usual. Employing a miniscule amount of the intel to support some kind of "code yellow" national digital alert scheme would qualify in some minds as fully discharging their responsibilities. In most respects, it's the same old procedure as always: give the gum'int all your data; and they'll decide what, if any, crumbs to whisk off the table, down to the puppy dogs beneath. After all, Big Brother knows best... it's the duty of the private sector to dutifully salute and keep smiling.