Search similar:

uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to mettachain

to mettachain

Re: Ohhhhhh. who got Wrecking Ball Achievement last night?

If you think Swifty is anything more than a figurehead you're kidding yourself.

I like Swifty and his videos. I subscribe to his channel and have watched hundreds of minutes worth of them, on both his WoW and IRL channel.

But he is not the most talented Warrior out there anymore. He often gets carried to high ratings by his guildmates...shit I watched a video of him getting carried to 2400 in 5s by Nexius, that Dwarf hPally, the Aussie Rogue dude, and someone else.

He was definitely a badass in his day, but I believe that day has passed. Of popular Warriors, I'd say he's third most skilled behind Hoodrich and Bahjeera.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to McBrain

to McBrain
for 1) notsrs, I hate SHwIfTTY

for 2) Veev or gtfo.. People are all on Reckful's(Anticide is his warrior) nuts but Veev was the Blizzcon champion for a reason.

Watching Veevs streamt the other night he ended up in a 1v1 vs Reckfuls warrior in a 3's game, I pulled up Recks stream on another monitor and after losing he was dead silent alost thoguht he was going to shed a tear he was so butthurt.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by Arsinic:

for 1) notsrs, I hate SHwIfTTY

for 2) Veev or gtfo.. People are all on Reckful's(Anticide is his warrior) nuts but Veev was the Blizzcon champion for a reason.

Yeah, I think Swifty is slightly above average at best...he's just mainstream like metta said. He's done a ton for WoW and gaming in general, but a lot of his shit is staged and he gets carried a lot because of his name and who he knows...just like Athene recently.

I don't know Veev...I've been out of PvP for a good bit and off of youtube/streaming for a while, too. Once I get to Okinawa though, it's on. I'm going to get back into PvP on my Warrior and stream/post youtube vids again.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

I just wanted your reaction...

I don't even watch Swifty vids anymore. Hell, I don't really watch ANY PvP vids anymore. HELL, I don't even watch WoW vids anymore.

I will make some lame ass video soon though with Fraps on my warlock, possibly set to the song "I've been Thinking About You" by London Beat. maybe tie that into using the Grimoire of Sacrifice on my demon...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Please do!

I'll make a video response of every Arcane Blast I cast in a single raid night. It will be set to Lionel Richie and Diana Ross's "Endless Love".

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

There will always be an 11 year old kid prodigy that is growing and growing and getting better at WoW! He has more time than you as well to WoW!

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

I'm going to make a video of my pally with the two handed maul set to MC Hammer's "Hammer Time".

Everywhere I go, the Hammer's just so hyped...

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad

said by Carpie:

I'm going to make a video of my pally with the two handed maul set to MC Hammer's "Hammer Time".

Everywhere I go, the Hammer's just so hyped...

Fail. You are referring to "Can't Touch This". MC Hammer never released a song called "Hammer Time". (I vividly remember when about 45% of my 8th grade classmates started wearing parachute pants to school.)
Best be careful when making these sorts of mistakes. After all, Hammer is "dope on the floor, and magic on the mike", plus we know he is 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT. He's like the unkillable raid boss of 1980's rap.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Savious

to Savious
what's funny?

I quit WoW over a year ago, even more than a year ago... and I'm still a good 1.5 years AHEAD of Savious with PvP achieves...

sounds like I can wait till next Xpac before I start to PvP again

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
Ha. Touche. THAT'S WHY I PRAY. PRAAAAAAAYYYYY. I got to pray just to make it today.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Savious, hit 1800 in BG9 (Actual, not MMR) arena and you'll be above average.

Unrated "Pug" BG's =/= PvP Skill. I have level 10's with Wrecking Ball...

Arsinic, are you insinuating arena consists of blowing all your CD's and hoping for a kill, or merely expressing that's the process to efficiently cap your Conquest? The latter I agree with completely.

Edit: I urge you to type "/2 LF RBGS & Arena, I have |Wrecking Ball|" and await the flood of whispers...

TheThing

1 recommendation

TheThing

said by Snuffbox:

Edit: I urge you to type "/2 LF RBGS & Arena, I have |Wrecking Ball|" and await the flood of whispers...

that's hilarious!

if I ever do come back, gonna troll /2 with that immediately
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
Im stating PVP is in a bad state right now, while that isnt the way to get legit ratings, its used effectively even in some high end arenas. Burst is out of control, the bandaids Blizz has applied so far have helped some but are nto enough. With the healing nerfs it is extremely easy to "swifty macro" someone.

I am far from pvp connoisseur I was through bc, wrath and early cata, But Im no slouch. PvP is among the worst states it has been. This is echoed through alot of the major streamers I watch on my off monitor when I decide to play.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Arsinic:

PvP is among the worst states it has been. This is echoed through alot of the major streamers I watch on my off monitor when I decide to play.

It's nice to hear others feel this way. Recently I stay within my group of IRL friends so I haven't heard much of the general communities take on Arena.

Burst is wild and fairly unpredictable/counterable while Healing keeps getting nerfs. (Additional 15% PvP healing nerf accross the board most recently).

Beta Warriors were flagged for ridiculous burst and control especially with Gag Order, Blizzard ignored it all - why even have Beta/PTR?

Blizzard typically balances around Rogues, who aren't bursty and have comparatively low damage but no other classes are being brought to their level.

The healing nerf is in response to Hybrid healing capabilities, but rather than nerfing hybrid heals, they put out a blanket nerf.

Force trinket and a healer dies in a deep freeze.

Today's arena is a joke from a balance perspective.

TheThing

TheThing

after reading things like this, any itch I had to come back to WoW is once again squashed... back to GW2land

coming back to a guild that has dissolved and has none of the vets I remember... and for LFR isn't good enough

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

OR YOU CAN BE THE OP CLASS AND OWNS ALL!
Arsinic
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
Don't forget instant CC, esentialyl requiring bind for each arena target so you can lol cctrain with instant cc's the second a trinket is used. Shit is weak

I may have hated the 30 mni matches in BC but atleast arena was seriously fun then(yes some classes were lacking in arena). Matches could be won by under dogs then. I'll never forget when I beat Rank 1 Gladiator Ohnoes with his 2 4 pieces and glaives...

Plus the whole upgrading gear is making pvp worse than ever. We really hate how people cant catch up if they start the season late, so lets let people upgrade gear, but well still cap how many points they can earn a week, that way the people with full gear can upgrade their gear to feel like a special snowflake, but the people jsut starting can get fucked...

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
WoW PvP ultimate strat:

Have every class at max level. PLAY OP CLASS. WIN.

done

i have 7 85s sitting around, one of which is a warrior

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Arsinic

Premium Member

to Arsinic
said by Arsinic:

Don't forget instant CC, esentialyl requiring bind for each arena target so you can lol cctrain with instant cc's the second a trinket is used.

Agreed.

However, skill wise I suggest doing this even for casted abilities.

I've found mouse wheel arena focus 1 2 3 /reset is a great macro.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Wellllll, I quit playing in 2010 and sold my account to a co worker for $100!

I got a warrior to 85 in cata while waiting for d3, but didn't pvp.

Soooo, wrecking ball son!

TheThing

TheThing

hehe... just busting balls... grats!

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I deserve a room full of naked women and a giant plate if ribs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Arsinic

to Arsinic
said by Arsinic:

Don't forget instant CC, esentialyl requiring bind for each arena target so you can lol cctrain with instant cc's the second a trinket is used. Shit is weak

Go go Mage PoM + RoF, lol.
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

Gan to Savious

to Savious
If you got it at 90, gratz, that's not easy by any means. If at a lower level, well, gratz also but as Snuff said it's not difficult to do.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to Savious

to Savious
I can honestly say I will never be getting this one.

I am teh suk at PvP.

Even though every x-pac I tell myself, "this year, Ima gonna lern2pvp." I buy the beginner pvp set from the AH. Get some honor pieces, maybe a conquest piece or two. Still at the bottom of the charts in kills, tops in deaths.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Wsg + disc priest at 15-19 = wrecking ball.

TheThing

TheThing

do level 20 rogues and hunters still one-shot everyone in bgs?

if so thats an easy wrecking ball in wsg

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

If they are in full BoA's they can.

Monks are pretty beast at low level BG's too. I took my windwalker in an AB 20-25 bracket and had a guildie mistweaver following me around with both of us in full BoA's. I ended with 29 KB's, 1 death, 11 bases assaulted and 4 defended. Only time we died was when we were alone at lumber mill and he fell off the cliff when 6 horde came up. Another time in the 15-19 bracket I went 23-2 with no pocket healer. Fists of fury's stun is a bit OP at those lower levels.
blackthought
join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought to Gan

to Gan
i've played for years and just recently got mine at lvl 90. All with contenders gear and 2 pieces of honor gear at the time:)

Oh the difference a healer can make.