Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to I AM

Re: [Classes] Monk Impressions?

Out of all the different types I've tried, I really enjoy the monk the best.
It levels fast [you get a 50% exp boost for 1 hour per day], and the touch of death is a nice move [one hit kill for some mobs. for bosses, it's a finishing move].
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to I AM
i've really enjoyed tanking on my monk. also, i've had no problems soloing any of the Pandaria rares, even while leveling up/in quest blues/greens.

Leveling brewmaster is probably the way to go for two reasons: better multi-mob damage than windwalker (heavy hitting cleave+"stop hitting yourself" debuff, although I admit the stun of fists of fury could come in handy; and every melee hit has a chance to spawn a little healing orbs+personal bubble. The bubble usually lasted me through 2-3 mobs with no problem. Clash - half charge, half death grip - is very nice when grabbing a caster...well, when it works. But it does stun a group around. So you can target the caster in the back, clash, and stun a group.

Basically, I had no downtime at all, unless i'd been fighting a rare. Even then, most likely not. With guard, sometimes I took no damage. And with a glyphed touch of death, every few minutes you can walk up to a mob and one-shot them because monks have highest base HP of any class, and Brewmasters get to add to that.

Touch of Death is also really nice for that moment when Garajal is a second away from nuking the raid and almost dead. Fortifying Brew+Touch of Death. Instant almost 600k damage and dead.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
quote:
The bubble usually lasted me through 2-3 mobs with no problem

All that's what they are. I couldn't figure out the purpose of the little green bubbles or how to use them.
Heck, I didn't realize my monk toon was making them, until I took a closer look at the screen.

I'm playing on a 46" screen so some details are lost.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to I AM
I am leveling a monk as mistweaver since this is the first healer I have ever played. So far I like the way he plays. Only trouble I had healing was dealing with a noob DK in Ramps who was fresh out of the starting zone and thought he was invincible. Once he learned not to bite off more than he could chew, the instance went fine.
He may not down mobs as fast, but he can tackle multiples without taking a beating. And the touch of death spell is truly epic, 1 shot kills are always fun.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to mettachain
And Roger! However, I don't see many other posters in the forums talking about Mistweavers, hence why I mentioned Arch. It looks as though you are calling him out, so lets see if he can post the charts you requested.

Again, I know nothing about healing and was just offering a reference who has been playing one from start to AV and LFR as you mentioned.
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
I'm not expecting anything from Archivis regarding posting additional charts here on the forums. I'm just a random internet pixel monster and he has nothing to prove to me.

Granted, he is really the only one on here who has posted SS of mistweaver healing done but I just wanted to point out that what was posted was extremely pinpointed boasting about topping one chart. Once again though, I'm not expecting anything more or less from Archivis.
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to AZ_OGM
I played my brewmaster monk non stop monday and tuesday and went from 60 to 84, the class is a lot of fun the active mitigation model is just awesome and makes you stay on your toes still debating on the second spec not sure if I should go dps or healing.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
I RAFd a monk to level 90. Breezed through leveling like everyone else has said. Hit 90 and started running heroics, I seemed way too squishy and the class seemed way too clunky for my liking. I should have waited until I geared him up to make this decision but I dropped him and swapped my bear. Much happier with him in terms of both DPS, survivability and just overall toughness, lol.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
I love my bear to bits, my paladin has been taking the seat tanking wise, the thing I like about the monk is that you have to be constantly hitting buttons feels like a "warriordruid" to me.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN
reply to I AM
i like the mistweaver alot...kinda same reason i like my DK, they wrap the class spec abilities around dps, heals plus dps is just epic to me just like my DK tanking and toping the dps meters