uniqs

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Re: Steam Holiday Sale Has Begun!

My god, PhysX set on High in Borderlands 2 will wreak havoc on your frame rates on certain parts of the game.

I need to do some more tweaking to find the optimal settings. From what I've read, you get better FPS if you set your GPU to handle Physx, instead of your CPU.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42 to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Fuck yeah, finally got Borderlands 2.

I got a 20 dollar Steam Wallet code for Christmas. So BL2 ended up only costing me $9.99.

It's like a broken dick...you can't beat it

I thought the saying was "It's like a sore peter, you can't beat it"

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Max Payne 3 currently 75% off, $14.99

Grabbed that one, looks like fun.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I'd love to see Postal 3 drop. The only other time it was less than 20 I missed it by a few minutes damn the servers

*shakesmeaninglessfistatnothinginparticular*

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by kingdome74:

*shakesmeaninglessfistatnothinginparticular*

LOUDWORDS!!!!!! ILOVELAMP!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Still going strong!!!

So many games!

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Mass Effect Franchise, well worth it!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by diablo18926:

Mass Effect Franchise, well worth it!

Todally agree with you, for the same amount on steam I got the trilogy on Origin (I know, I know) so I bought BF3 and ME 1,2 and 3 for like $60. I had ME 1 and 2 on disc but wanted to have them digital since I don't seem to know where they are at.

Worth a check.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Man, whats up with the score on it though- »www.metacritic.com/game/ ··· effect-3 ?

Looks like it started to have good reviews but then it fell, now it shows over a thousand dislikes and only six-hundred likes

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

It's because people were completely pissed off about the terrible ending in #3

They attempted to fix it with a free DLC patch with a different ending, which suppoedly was a lot better.

Mass Effect 3 is totally worth the price IMO. I had a lot of fun playing it.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I didn't get a single game so far.

I either already have what they offer, or I own half the games in the bundle so it's not too appealing.

Can't complain, really. At least I get to finish a couple of games before adding more. (Though I did just get Bard's tale for free since I kickstarted Wastelands 2. )
ekster

ekster

Premium Member

On second thought... anyone ever played Galactic civilizations? It's on the flash sale and seems fun. The ratings seem also good overall.

Wondering if it's worth it, and if I should get the whole thing, or just the second game.

Savant
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
Toronto

Savant to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

goddamnit...

Someone tell me the THQ collection isn't worth getting

Damn, I just saw that. Here is a list of what is in the package - all for only $25 bucks. (still on sale)
quote:
Includes 22 items: Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising, Metro 2033, Darksiders™, Darksiders II, Homefront, Red Faction®: Armageddon™, MX vs ATV Reflex, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Saints Row: The Third, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution, Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone, Nexuiz.

Price of individual games: $207.28 USD
Bundle cost: $24.99
I think it really depends on how many titles you have from the collection. If you don't have any, then it's a must buy, no question.

For the $25 bucks you get two 2012 titles, eight 2011 titles, four 2010 titles, four 2009 titles, and four 2007 titles. When you consider roughly half of the titles are 2011/2012, that alone is a win imho.

You're basically getting all these titles for a buck a game.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I heard THQ has filed bankrupcy...damn yo.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by TheBionic:

I heard THQ has filed bankrupcy...damn yo.

Dang that sucks, what was it over/about? Will they continue to create games in the future?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

They filled Chapter 11 so they are still going to be around.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

If they have completely filled Chapter 11, are they on to writing Chapter 12?

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

If they have completely filled Chapter 11, are they on to writing Chapter 12?

lol

I'll definitely pick up that THQ pack as soon as I get home tonight. Few games in that list which I've been wanting to try out.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Savant

to Savant
I leave in 15 minutes, takes 45 to get home so in about an hour I will be getting this.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Checked their "deals" and did not find any decent or recent games with a nice discount. Some indie crap I wouldn't touch for free and some really old games. I'm sticking with Amazon and greenmangaming.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

What's wrong with Indie????

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
It's been going on for several days, and there have been quite a few good deals.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I guess we've been getting ripped off @ 50-75% most titles.

I'll head over to Amazon and look for the 90% off sales I've been missing out on.

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
I haven't even loaded Steam on this PC yet. I picked up ME3 for half price off Origin. I'm going to break down and load Steam. I'm looking on Amazon too. Lots of opportunity for me as I haven't bought anything in a long time. lol

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I just picked up Torchlight 2 as well...that'll prolly be the last purchase for awhile. Maaaybe BL2 if it goes up for deep discount, but I don't think it will.

Let me know if you wanna play some co-op stuff or whatever...me a bRod were talking about it, so if you've got something we all have, we can jump in....I wanna give TL2 a shot, and it's MP. If ya like that style of game, it's on sale now.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I said I wouldn't get much as I have all the newer games I want already from the previous sales... but then figured I'd look at some of the older games that I've lost or never got to buy but wanted to... found both Syberia games and both Grotesque tactics on sale... and then also noticed that they're all part of the Meridian4 collection, so just ended up getting that. $20 for those 4, plus about 20+ other games is just silly to say no to, especially since I've been needing to add a few adventure game to my list.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Mark of the Ninja is a great sidescroller.

- said by someone is not into sidescrollers AT ALL anymore. I love the soundwaves of the footsteps, and how the QTEs for killing someone is more like a slice than mashing a key, and the animation when you stick your sword through someone's throat or neck--pretty sweet little game!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I picked up Mark of the Ninja awhile back. It's well worth the 7 dollars for sure.

I'd recommend using an Xbox controller though.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Loving Dark Souls...for as horrible a job they did with the port, once you get a controller straightened out, it's a fantastic freaking game.

Checking out TL2 now...not far in, but liking it so far.