Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: Steam Holiday Sale Has Begun!

I didn't get a single game so far.

I either already have what they offer, or I own half the games in the bundle so it's not too appealing.

Can't complain, really. At least I get to finish a couple of games before adding more. (Though I did just get Bard's tale for free since I kickstarted Wastelands 2. )

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
On second thought... anyone ever played Galactic civilizations? It's on the flash sale and seems fun. The ratings seem also good overall.

Wondering if it's worth it, and if I should get the whole thing, or just the second game.

Savant
Premium
join:2001-08-12
Toronto
reply to Koil
said by Koil:

goddamnit...

Someone tell me the THQ collection isn't worth getting

Damn, I just saw that. Here is a list of what is in the package - all for only $25 bucks. (still on sale)

quote:
Includes 22 items: Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction, Red Faction II, Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising, Metro 2033, Darksiders™, Darksiders II, Homefront, Red Faction®: Armageddon™, MX vs ATV Reflex, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Saints Row: The Third, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution, Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone, Nexuiz.

Price of individual games: $207.28 USD
Bundle cost: $24.99
I think it really depends on how many titles you have from the collection. If you don't have any, then it's a must buy, no question.

For the $25 bucks you get two 2012 titles, eight 2011 titles, four 2010 titles, four 2009 titles, and four 2007 titles. When you consider roughly half of the titles are 2011/2012, that alone is a win imho.

You're basically getting all these titles for a buck a game.
--

Attack the words, not the writer...

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
I heard THQ has filed bankrupcy...damn yo.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by bionicRod:

I heard THQ has filed bankrupcy...damn yo.

Dang that sucks, what was it over/about? Will they continue to create games in the future?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
They filled Chapter 11 so they are still going to be around.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:13
If they have completely filled Chapter 11, are they on to writing Chapter 12?

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

If they have completely filled Chapter 11, are they on to writing Chapter 12?

lol

I'll definitely pick up that THQ pack as soon as I get home tonight. Few games in that list which I've been wanting to try out.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Savant
I leave in 15 minutes, takes 45 to get home so in about an hour I will be getting this.
--
Heghlu'meh qaq jajvam!

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
reply to Ghastlyone
Checked their "deals" and did not find any decent or recent games with a nice discount. Some indie crap I wouldn't touch for free and some really old games. I'm sticking with Amazon and greenmangaming.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
What's wrong with Indie????

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
reply to Anonymous
It's been going on for several days, and there have been quite a few good deals.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
I guess we've been getting ripped off @ 50-75% most titles.

I'll head over to Amazon and look for the 90% off sales I've been missing out on.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to Ghastlyone
I haven't even loaded Steam on this PC yet. I picked up ME3 for half price off Origin. I'm going to break down and load Steam. I'm looking on Amazon too. Lots of opportunity for me as I haven't bought anything in a long time. lol
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
I just picked up Torchlight 2 as well...that'll prolly be the last purchase for awhile. Maaaybe BL2 if it goes up for deep discount, but I don't think it will.

Let me know if you wanna play some co-op stuff or whatever...me a bRod were talking about it, so if you've got something we all have, we can jump in....I wanna give TL2 a shot, and it's MP. If ya like that style of game, it's on sale now.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Ghastlyone
I said I wouldn't get much as I have all the newer games I want already from the previous sales... but then figured I'd look at some of the older games that I've lost or never got to buy but wanted to... found both Syberia games and both Grotesque tactics on sale... and then also noticed that they're all part of the Meridian4 collection, so just ended up getting that. $20 for those 4, plus about 20+ other games is just silly to say no to, especially since I've been needing to add a few adventure game to my list.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Ghastlyone
Mark of the Ninja is a great sidescroller.

- said by someone is not into sidescrollers AT ALL anymore. I love the soundwaves of the footsteps, and how the QTEs for killing someone is more like a slice than mashing a key, and the animation when you stick your sword through someone's throat or neck--pretty sweet little game!
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
I picked up Mark of the Ninja awhile back. It's well worth the 7 dollars for sure.

I'd recommend using an Xbox controller though.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to Ghastlyone
Loving Dark Souls...for as horrible a job they did with the port, once you get a controller straightened out, it's a fantastic freaking game.

Checking out TL2 now...not far in, but liking it so far.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Ghastlyone
My biggest score has been Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I played it back when it came out on a console but it's got me completely hooked on the PC. I put like 30 hours on it the last three days of my vacation. Love it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

1 recommendation

said by bionicRod:

My biggest score has been Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I played it back when it came out on a console but it's got me completely hooked on the PC. I put like 30 hours on it the last three days of my vacation. Love it.

Very nice. If you're still hooked after you finish, try an Insanity run (most likely as a mage, from what I read back in the day). Though, that might make you hate me for suggesting it.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
Galactic Civ 2 has been my best purchase so far. I tried a lot of the 4X strategy games (Sins of the Solar Empire, Endless Space, Legend of Pegasus, etc.) and I find this one to be by far the most fun so far.

And being able to fully design your own ships = total win.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to bionicRod
Anyone try Dark Souls?

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by I AM:

Anyone try Dark Souls?

Just to preface my comments: I have experience from the 360 version. Dark Souls is awesome. It rewards patience, memorization (of enemy placements and the specific move sets of enemies), and proper execution of your own move set (whether it be magic, one-handed with shield, two-handed, or dual wield). The save system is not forgiving, as it is continually saving as you go (it seems to have the save point about 5 seconds back from current time, so if you die in such a way it really bones you, you can Alt+F4 the game), which forces you to make the decision to continue to move on or turn back to find a save point because your healing resource is spent/nearly spent.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
reply to Ghastlyone
I can't Stop Playing Tropico 4! lol. Stupidly entertaining game.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Ghastlyone
If anyone wants Mass Effect, 1st and 2nd are currently on the flash sale, both for $10.

And if anyone wants an awesome point and click adventure game, the longest journey 1 and 2 are on the flash sale as well. Both for $6.24. One of the best in it's category that I've ever played.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
By the way, f'king steam! I said I wouldn't get anything as I didn't need any of the new games... but I spent $55 so far. >:(

I kept finding amazing deals on older games that I've wanted or that I had but lost/broken CDs... But for $2-$3 (or less) a game, I can't say I feel bad about it. I think I ended up getting 30 something games with that $55.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
You can never say no to steam.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Ghastlyone
I'm happy. Got some great deals on games.

I think total I spent ~$70.00 total. A couple were AAA titles such as Dishonored and BL2.

I got L.A. Noire, Orcs Must Die 2, & Awesomenauts