spc
uniqs
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop to UverseTech2

to UverseTech2

Re: NEWS: AT&T Plans Slew of U-Verse Updates in 2013

Just for clarity, UverseTech, are you still an AT&T employee? You sound like a very disgruntled ex-employee.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

said by Austinloop:

Just for clarity, UverseTech, are you still an AT&T employee? You sound like a very disgruntled ex-employee.

I have wondered the same thing.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to Austinloop

to Austinloop
Actually I liked working for ATT, I got to travel thru TX. I just call it like it is, most don't like to hear that.

I left to get my CCNA and I'm going back to them in mid 2013.

I know I sound negative but sometimes the truth hurts. All of my posts come from my personal experiences, and following up on those untrained or under trained techs.

Pair bonding to be specific is the hardest thing for most Uverse techs to accomplish. Not sure why, but everywhere I have been they avoid them like the plague. This is the key to all of these so called speed upgrades.

When I did these installs I never used the computer assigned pairs. I would go to the premise, put 2 tone generators on 2 pairs I could see making it back to the CO, and then at the crossbox I would call MLAC and change VRAD out pairs to the last 2 consecutive pairs available on the very last card. This method worked in every instance, it's just not by the book. It was the only way to get my jobs completed in the time constraints given.

You see most techs will just kick the job to IR and run, how can they possibly ever figure out how to do them.
Merlin37
join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX

Merlin37

said by UverseTech2:

Actually I liked working for ATT, I got to travel thru TX. I just call it like it I perceive it to be, and most get tired of hearing it.

Fixed that for you.
said by UverseTech2:

I left to get my CCNA and I'm going back to them in mid 2013.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.