uniqs
share rss forum feed

Toastertech
Premium
join:2003-01-05
Trenton, ON
reply to rocca

Re: IP logging retention

Rocca, just a small question if you are currently retaining logs due to possible billing disputes, which I can understand with regards to accounts with caps, are you also retaining the same logs on unlimited accounts as the stated reason should not apply.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

Yes, the system that does logging is not aware of what type of packages are reflected on the retail side.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

Is it not possible to include some syntax in your terms of service that limit the length of time a user can dispute billing?

In light of everything that is going on with Teksavvy, how can you possibly justify keeping 1 year of logs? It's only a matter of time before you get dragged into this mess, and you're sitting on the mother of all troll payloads.

Seriously.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

I have yet to see a copyright request come in that is for data older than a week or two so it doesn't really matter if the logs are 3 months or 3 years. I think you'll find that most ISP's have at least a year of this data kicking around so it's not like we're some specific target. That said I've already committed to shortening up the time frame but it's going to take more than a few days to implement this sort of change. To date we have never once provided subscriber information to a copyright request.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

have you read this Forbes story about Sonic.net and their logging policy rocca?

»www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe···uld-too/

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

Yes I have.

Who7

join:2012-12-18

Hi Rocca,

I am in your territory.

I have poured $12,000 into Rogers and recently I switched. I will switch again. Here's is the deal, you respect my privacy by not providing the means to the trolling industry, I am your customer within the month.

Signed.

Real Customer.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by Who7:

Here's is the deal, you respect my privacy by not providing the means to the trolling industry, I am your customer within the month.

Ditto.

Mike