share rss forum feed

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to skeechan

Re: Fusion VMs constantly hosed

I've been using Fusion since v1.0 and have installed it at dozens and dozens of clients and never seen a consistent issue like you are. I've seen VM's get corrupted when a few different things happen:

1) Computer suddenly shuts off while VM is running, especially with laptops and bad batteries.
2) Hardware issues on computer, failing hard drive or bad ram.
3) Filesystem corruption.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
said by rugby:

I've been using Fusion since v1.0 and have installed it at dozens and dozens of clients and never seen a consistent issue like you are. I've seen VM's get corrupted when a few different things happen:

1) Computer suddenly shuts off while VM is running, especially with laptops and bad batteries.
2) Hardware issues on computer, failing hard drive or bad ram.
3) Filesystem corruption.

I have to agree that there's likely an underlying issue, either with the hardware or Mac OS host causing the VM corruption. I too have been using Fusion since it was originally released and I haven't seem such consistent corruption problems before. The few times I`ve had a VM corrupted was either having Fusion force quit or the host system itself crashing. Even if the VM itself was forced shut down the damaged would have been limited to inside the VM (guest FS/OS corruption or other guest OS issues) and shouldn`t affect the VM file itself.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to rugby
Thing is my manual snapshots always fix it so it isn't uberhosed, just borked up somehow but all the time somehow as in at least 3 or 4 times a week.