spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FedUp
@verizon.net

FedUp

Anon

FiOS DVR Manager (web-based) broken AGAIN by new update

Verizon's FiOS code monkeys released a "new and improved" version of their online PC-based My Verizon and managed to F-up their DVR Manager app. IF (and that's a BIG IF) you can connect at all (have no access of any kind to My Verizon as I type this) you get an error stating that the app cannot connect to your DVR. I've run their automated repair program three times now. The first time, it fixed the problem for ONE DAY, then now nothing allows me to access the DVR online. And I've tried two different computers and rebooted all devices, including my Verizon router. The LAST time Verizon made a big update (IMG1.9), it also screwed-up things so badly I had to call tech support to get DVR Manager working again (try getting a live person at Verizon- good luck!). Verizon's incompetent tech group (time and time again) can't seem to figure out how to push updates w/o screwing the pooch. Their IT abilities appear to be on a par with the "rent-a-nerds" from AtoS that my employer uses. And that is NOT a compliment.
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs

Seems to work fine on PC and iPad.

FedUp
@verizon.net

FedUp to FedUp

Anon

to FedUp
Still broken. Just powered-off everything, rebooted router, then DVR, then STB's. One computer cannot connect to My Verizon at all, the other loads the app, but when you try and access DVR Manager, it shows the percent full the DVR memory is, but pops up a message that says "unable to connect to device, try again later". Yup, IMG1.9 all over again. DVR is a Motorola 7216. Time to dump Verizon FiOS and move to Comcast?

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

Works fine for me. VHO5 on a 7232. verizon.com >> log in >> My Verizon>>Program my DVR Using FireFox

FedUp
@verizon.net

FedUp

Anon

The problem appears to be w/ Firefox. WILL NOT CONNECT (errors out) w/ Version 10.0 or 12.0. Installed Chrome and that works, but I hate Chrome as Google doesn't allow customization like Firefox. As usual, Verizon's code monkeys didn't betatest compatibility with all browser versions. Version 12 is only 8 months old.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

Click for full size
said by FedUp :

The problem appears to be w/ Firefox. WILL NOT CONNECT (errors out) w/ Version 10.0 or 12.0. Installed Chrome and that works, but I hate Chrome as Google doesn't allow customization like Firefox. As usual, Verizon's code monkeys didn't betatest compatibility with all browser versions. Version 12 is only 8 months old.

Works fine for me in Firefox. I am using Firefox 17.0.1, maybe it would help if you got a little more current. Or perhaps you have an add-on that is interfering, have you tried starting Firefox without any add-ons to see if there is any difference?
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex to FedUp

to FedUp
I'm having some problems but different.

I am able to access the DVR itself and can see both recorded and scheduled programs. However, when I try to show the TV listings all I get is the scrolling boxes and the listings never show up. I also tried to schedule a recording under the DVR Mgr, rather than the Listing Mgr, and when I searched for a show it found it as a series but when I clicked on more details again all I got was the scrolling boxes.

I'm running Win 7 with IE 9 and before the "improvements" I never had any problems with the listings nor scheduling a recording.

Gerry

FedUp
@verizon.net

FedUp to justin9876

Anon

to justin9876
I updated my version of Firefox to 17. It still errors-out on both the DVR Manager & TV Listings (running WinXP SP3- I have no use for any newer WinDoze OS's and refuse to waste my money updating to their newest BLOATWARE. WinXP is still the primary choice of the corporate community, where it holds more than a 50% share.)

Loaded Google Chrome on the computer and that actually worked for all of 3 days. Now I'm getting the same "error- failure to connect to device" that I have received w/ Firefox 10, 12, and 17. DVR Manager even worked FINE with Windows 2000 and Firefox 3.6 until this asinine "beta upgrade". Now even Google Chrome on a WinXP machine is FUBAR.

Let me make a wild guess- the code monkeys at Verizon optimized My Verizon for TABLETS, not PC's?