Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to cell14

Re: [General] Porting Out a Number if VOIP Provider OOB

I don't think that the above statement (about FCC's "enforcing" Google) is correct or even true at all. Rather an opposite is true.

But because I'm limited in capabilities to verify - I cannot put a bet on it. Google is a huge corporation, having large impact on world's economics, politics and even development (which includes both) hence one may never know what compromises were made on both sides (gov-execs vs. corp-execs) to get a 1GigE fiber to go through - just to name one "deal".

Regarding Free DIDs - Callcentric just doesn't have ANY single reason, even for a fee, to allow its numbering space to go away (some people may wander - why, but that's another story).

Goggle's situation is a bit "simpler" in this case - they don't have (own) those numbers - they get them for free from carriers in order to mutually explore an incoming revenue sharing model plus additional [huge] room for advertising - this is an actual Google's business model.

cell14

join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL

As a purely theoretical question from a non NY resident-I somebody wanted to convert his free NYC Callcentric DID to a regular DID, could he simply keep it or would he have to switch to another NYC DID?

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You don't have to "switch" - you may use both at the same time (an account allows multiple products used simultaneously). But the NY Free DID cannot be "converted" to a paid product at this time (no, there are no yet plans to do so - just in case ).