Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to peterboro

Re: [Rant] Why the *** are you commuting in a backhoe?

said by peterboro:

So there is an contradiction between the Regs. and Statutes?

The regulation only deals with the sign's appearance, visibility and its placement on a vehicle.

You said it was perfectly legal for a slow moving vehicle displaying the slow moving triangle to hold up traffic on a public highway, whereas Section 132 would indicate otherwise regardless of a slow moving sign being affixed to a vehicle in accordance with Section 76 - unless it's a road service vehicle, of course.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Ormond Beach, FL

said by Gone:

You said it was perfectly legal for a slow moving vehicle displaying the slow moving triangle to hold up traffic on a public highway, whereas Section 132 would indicate otherwise regardless of a slow moving sign being affixed to a vehicle in accordance with Section 76 - unless it's a road service vehicle, of course.

The definition of “motor vehicle” does not include a backhoe which is by definition a roadbuilding machine and as such section 132 of the HTA is not engaged.

Now as to the strict interpretation of my post, no you cannot affix a triangle thing to anything that does meet the definition of a “motor vehicle” and breach section 132 of the HTA with impunity.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by peterboro:

Now as to the strict interpretation of my post, no you cannot affix a triangle thing to anything that does meet the definition of a “motor vehicle” and breach section 132 of the HTA with impunity.

Gotcha. As I said, just wanted some clarification.